Why do we change products so much?

merebearmerebear Posts: 190Registered Users
Hi all. I can't help but notice how we all are constantly changing products...what is the deal?

I, too, am guilty and would love to find the perfect combination of conditioner and product. Is there any one product that has stayed on "the list" for any length of time. After the novelty wears off we all go on the hunt again. Ugh. :help: I still stand by Giovanni even though they changed their formula...but I sign on to naturally curly.com looking for someone with hair like mine to see if they have found something really great. I get so frustrated, does anyone else experience this?
Right when I say to myself "okay, I am totally trying that product" someone chimes in and says 'It make my hair dry, or my scalp itch or my hair didn't curl".
Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down? :toothy7:It's so aggrevating. What to do when your a 2??? (my little rhyme).

Have a great night.

merebear
MereBear
2B-2C - very wavy with loose ringlets

:wav:

Comments

• KatiecurlKatiecurl Posts: 236Registered Users
    I gave up products and that helped a lot, lol!

I love my Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditoner... I'd die without it. It's all I need to give me soft, clumpy waves and I don't need mousse, creams or gels.

It's so great to not be on the product hunt anymore... maybe no products is the way to go if you're a wavy... especially a fine haired wavy!!
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    Katiecurl wrote: »
    I love my Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditoner... I'd die without it. It's all I need to give me soft, clumpy waves and I don't need mousse, creams or gels.

I do notice AOHR gives me nice clumping and huge waves with even a few ringlets. (I sometimes use a tiny bit as a leave in.) I might just have to try it alone over the weekend and see what happens. What would I do if I didn't need any other products????
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Alright, you have officially convinced me to try AOHR condish. I've been going back and forth about it, since everything else I tried from AO I've hated the smell of and they didn't do a thing for my hair. I'm gonna have to try it though....
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    Alright, you have officially convinced me to try AOHR condish. I've been going back and forth about it, since everything else I tried from AO I've hated the smell of and they didn't do a thing for my hair. I'm gonna have to try it though....

If you HATE the smell, you can use Biolage Conditioning Balm instead. It doesn't smell bad. It gives me great results. I couldn't stand the AOHR smell.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
    hopetocurl wrote: »

If you HATE the smell, you can use Biolage Conditioning Balm instead. It doesn't smell bad. It gives me great results. I couldn't stand the AOHR smell.

Thanks hopetocurl....I can't use the biolage, it makes me itch. A lot of things do that to me. I actually bought the AOHR though and didn't mind it! I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Lol, we are such lemmings!

While I do like the AOHR, i had just taken it out of the shower to try and rotate in something lighter....

Back it goes!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Lol, we are such lemmings!

While I do like the AOHR, i had just taken it out of the shower to try and rotate in something lighter....

Back it goes!

:toothy7:I do that too....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why do we do it...?

Because you never know whats gonna be the next big thing!

We keep tryin on that glass slipper cause, dammit, one day its gonna slip right on!:occasion9:
    My Photobucket Album
  • KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    If I could go without product I would be there in a milisecond. I am all about the simplicity. But, I have course, thick frizzy hair. Even at it's softest it's still massively frizzy.

There's a really long (old) thread with all these people going product free. I just laughed and sighed. I'd so love that!
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I change products because I am the eternal optimist who hopes that some magical product will be the answer to my hair woes. Also, there are so many factors that go into a good hair day though (precipitation, humidity, hard or soft water, full moon/tides) that I need to rotate depending on the conditions. And, sometimes a girl just likes a little variety.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    I change products because I am the eternal optimist who hopes that some magical product will be the answer to my hair woes. Also, there are so many factors that go into a good hair day though (precipitation, humidity, hard or soft water, full moon/tides) that I need to rotate depending on the conditions. And, sometimes a girl just likes a little variety.

Exactly!! Same here! And because we are PRODUCT JUNKIES!! It's a fun - albeit expensive! -- addiction! :wink:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    I am kinda new to the CG thing (I started almost a month ago) so testing stuff is my new thing. I've gotten more stuff in the past month than maybe 6 months normally. I just tried Giovanni yesterday and LOVED it. I used the shampoo and conditioner and loved how the conditioner felt....really great detangler and coated my hair nicely. I just got my CK in the mail today (thanks Kathymack!) and I'm so excited to try it!!!:blob7:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• merebearmerebear Posts: 190Registered Users
    I love the smell of AOHR - it's the Island Naturals that is soooooo gross. AOHR is really the best out there, isn't it. On days when I feel like pooing I use their the HR poo on my scalp and it's great.
    MereBear
    2B-2C - very wavy with loose ringlets

:wav:
    merebear wrote: »
    I love the smell of AOHR - it's the Island Naturals that is soooooo gross. AOHR is really the best out there, isn't it. On days when I feel like pooing I use their the HR poo on my scalp and it's great.
    Some very sharp-nosed Curly (sorry, i forget who gets the credit, maybe RiotCurls) pointed out quite accurately that the Island Fantasy smells like Noxema!
    My Photobucket Album

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file