Cheaper Leave-In Conditioners

thebaydestrianthebaydestrian Posts: 45Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey all,
I'm looking to get a leave-in conditioner for my 2c hair (thick coarse and wavy). Any suggestions?
3A (my hair is pretty darn short now though)

I shampoo every 3 days, condition everyday, and co-wash with Suave Naturals Coconut once in every 3 day shampooing cycle. I also use BioInfusions, the Leave-In Conditioner everyday.

Also, I am a guy :blob7:.

Comments

• KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    I have thick, course hair too and cheap leave-ins just haven't done anything for me.

That said, Biotera makes a cheap leave in and Giovanni direct leave-in is not super expensive.

Honestly though, the SheaM that I bought was $12 and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]JC WDT[/buylink] was $16. Not cheap, but I hardly use any (about 2 peas) and they both work wonderful on my hair. It will last a lot longer than the really thin stuff (Biotera, Infusium) that doesn't work as well, but is cheaper.
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are you protein-sensitive? I have this leave-in from the Hispanic haircare aisle called Manzanilla Grisi. It's a child's detangler in a yellow spray bottle. But it has a lot of silk amino acids, I think. It was $2.
  • thebaydestrianthebaydestrian Posts: 45Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dumb question...i know, but how do i know if I'm protein sensitive? lol
    Also, if you don't mind answering...while we're at it, what is "CG", I see that EVERYWHERE on this place.
    I'm going to blame by ignorance on the fact that I am a guy, hahaha.
    3A (my hair is pretty darn short now though)

I shampoo every 3 days, condition everyday, and co-wash with Suave Naturals Coconut once in every 3 day shampooing cycle. I also use BioInfusions, the Leave-In Conditioner everyday.

Also, I am a guy :blob7:.
  • KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    CG = Curly Girl Are you CG? hehe It really is more of a process than anything. "Washing" your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo, avoiding silicones, etc.

There's more here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=14702

ETA: http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair A link Jillipoo just posted.
  • HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users
    I like Sebastian potion 9-I jut started using the cheapo kind available at Sally's for $6.
    So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
    Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file