What's the point?

Someone today was complaining about her grey roots and looked me dead in the eye and said, "It looks like you need to color again too. Your grey is showing through a lot." I didn't say anything about her hair or mine. I was just standing there listening to a group of ladies talking. :thumbdown:

Speckla

Comments

• eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Neophyte
    Whoa!!!!!!!!!! That's...huh...WTF?! :eek:

Too bad you couldn't have snatched her bald. Then she wouldn't have a root problem!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    What a witch. I'm just waiting for someone to say something to me.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • alacurlalacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,199 Curl Novice
    How rude of her! I hope you gave her your best "eat s--t and die" look. :evil1: :laughing7:
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I think I gave her my hurt feeling eyes. :thumbdown: I have been having a good hair week (yes, week) and actually thought the way the it was styled covered most of my grey.

Speckla
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    WTF? I woulda been majorly peeved. You handled it a lot better than I would have, I must give you credit for that. My reaction would have been either a) run to bathroom and cry, or b) say to her, "Well, I think you need to restyle your hair--your horns are showing.unhappy-084.gif"
  • wavy in neenahwavy in neenah Registered Users Posts: 113
    :angry1: Hearing about people like that helps me remember why I like telecomuting. My computer could care less about the color of my hair. I've been letting mine go dye-free for close to a year, so I'm tricolored right now - medium neutral blonde on the bottom 2/3, darkish ash blond on the top 1/3, and gray mixed in all over. I actually can't wait to be a lot more gray. It's coming in a silvery-white color.
    Hair type: Currently 2c/3amii. Modified CG since 05/25/2008. Length is roughly 2" past my collar bone.
    'Poo: Dr. Bronner's lemon 'poo bar once a week.
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals coconut condish. Freeman SeaKelp Moisturizing Condish.
    Styling: Flax seed gel, Tresemme Bouncy Curls, Hask Spray-It Curly, Tresemme Curl Locking Spray.
    Towel: Fake chamois from the auto dept. Gets out so much water that my hair is starting to spiral instead of water weight pulling them all out into waves.
  • BugEyeZBugEyeZ Registered Users Posts: 314 Curl Novice
    you should have spit on her...and told her with old age comes grey hair and senility....
    when all else fails...eat:icescream:
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    eche428 wrote: »
    Too bad you couldn't have snatched her bald. Then she wouldn't have a root problem!

:laughing7: OMG! ahahahaha!!
    Don't you love it when people do that? Misery loves company! Don't pay her any mind! You might need a touch up but she needs a brain :tongue5:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    What a jerk!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
    Ah, it's ok, I think her mom jeans were giving her quite a wedgie so I understand her mood. :laughing7:
    She is a good 9 to 10" taller than I am and I imagine she has a bird's eye view. :compress:

Speckla
    Hair type: Currently 2c/3amii. Modified CG since 05/25/2008. Length is roughly 2" past my collar bone.
    Styling: Flax seed gel, Tresemme Bouncy Curls, Hask Spray-It Curly, Tresemme Curl Locking Spray.
    Towel: Fake chamois from the auto dept. Gets out so much water that my hair is starting to spiral instead of water weight pulling them all out into waves.

Yessssssss!

Speckla
    I wanted to be able to attach the video to the message, but I don't know how to do it.
    That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I so want those jeans in white!! :laughing7:

Speckla
    "Forget perfume. Give her something that says "I'm not a woman. I'm a mom."

When I first saw that, my daughter and I couldn't stop watching it.

Did you catch the background lyrics? "Givin' up, givin' up, put on your mom jeans."
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    mariag002 wrote: »
    eche428 wrote: »

:laughing7: OMG! ahahahaha!!
    Don't you love it when people do that? Misery loves company! Don't pay her any mind! You might need a touch up but she needs a brain :tongue5:

Exactly! I know I've been guilty of my hair needing a touch up. A touch up takes a few minutes...quite less intrusive than a lobotomy.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file