Please give me hair advice

AdriaCroftAdriaCroft Posts: 264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi all,

Im just after any advice on hair care, currently I shampoo and condition my hair with normal products [i.e not silcone free] and put redken ringlet 07 in my hair. I decided to stop straightening my hair 2 days ago here is a picture of me today - http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm115/alexandria-croft/?action=view&current=curly_01.jpg

My routine yesterday was to wash and condition my hair, seperate my curls with fingers or a wide toothed comb then pat dry with a towel. Then whilst still wet add liberal amounts of redken ringlets 07.

Today I rinsed it will warm water separated my hair once again, patted it dry and again put the redken ringlet 07 in. I always air dry my hair when I am not straightening it.

Does anyone else think there is a better way because after tomorrow or on friday I will have to wash and condition my hair again. I want to grow my hair and keep it in top condition so I welcome any recommendations.

Thanks
Curl Type 3A and with a mind of its own.

Shampoo once a week with Organic Aloe Vera Herbal Shampoo.

Currently on the look out for a new DT and Styling Cream, though Curl Junkie is looking quite good.

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I'd recommend reading Curly Girl as soon as possible. There are lots of places to find more information on the boards. :)
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • hopetocurlhopetocurl Posts: 1,280Registered Users
    lexygirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im just after any advice on hair care, currently I shampoo and condition my hair with normal products [i.e not silcone free] and put redken ringlet 07 in my hair. I decided to stop straightening my hair 2 days ago here is a picture of me today - http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm115/alexandria-croft/?action=view&current=curly_01.jpg

My routine yesterday was to wash and condition my hair, seperate my curls with fingers or a wide toothed comb then pat dry with a towel. Then whilst still wet add liberal amounts of redken ringlets 07.

Today I rinsed it will warm water separated my hair once again, patted it dry and again put the redken ringlet 07 in. I always air dry my hair when I am not straightening it.

Does anyone else think there is a better way because after tomorrow or on friday I will have to wash and condition my hair again. I want to grow my hair and keep it in top condition so I welcome any recommendations.

Thanks

Definitely read Curly Girl, but stop combing it!! Seriously! My hair is much curlier if I do not try to separate the curls, as a matter of fact, a lot of curlies on here are looking for the clumping you are destroying.
    Apply your hair product directly to wet hair by scrunching it in. Then, look for the Jessicurl.com video on plunking.

You can just wash your hair with conditioner if you want...use the pads of your fingertips to scrub your scalp clean. You don't always have to shampoo. OR, apply conditioner (don't rinse) then shampoo and then conditioner again. It'll keep it from getting stripped of oils, if you do either of these methods.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • lapushkalapushka Posts: 601Registered Users
    Just wash (preferably with a sl(e)s free shampoo), then scrunch the water out here and there, plop/plunk (Google). After washing, please don't make a pony tail with your wet hair, wring it out and put it into a towel/turbie. You'll mess up the texture. After plopping/plunking, put your product in by just gently brushing your palms over your hair. Never comb or seperate the waves after you've rinsed your hair out. If you have to comb do it before washing, or when applying conditioner. Then let it airdry / diffuse.
  • gymnast0060gymnast0060 Posts: 40Registered Users
    here is a link for plopping/plunking: http://youtube.com/watch?v=O2qD38ZYX6A

good luck
    -belly-button length 2b/2c hair
    -waves and a few loose ringlets
    -medium thickness

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file