Please help type my hair =)

curls of summercurls of summer Posts: 56Registered Users
Hi!
I'm not sure at all what my hair type is..so I'm gonna post this in '2' as well as '3a'..it's pretty curly otherwise, but sometimes the hair near the neck at the back is almost straight! It's just a little bit, but still, it bothers me.. :tongue5:
So these two pictures are with my hair on [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG Re:coil[/buylink] only..more or less dry hair..

P5060010-1.jpg

P5060008-1.jpg

These are with just Mop C Curl Defining Creme...first one dry hair; the rest, a little wet..

01062008014-1.jpg

03062008063-1.jpg

03062008065-1.jpg

Thanks so much for your help in advance!! :)
2-3A
Regulars: White Rain Tropical Coconut, Tigi MM, AG Re:coil, Liquid Effects, Hard Jel, Mop-C Curl Defining Creme, Giovanni Direct Leave-in
Occasional low-poo: Healthy Sexy Hair Chocolate Soymilk shampoo, Devacare Low-Poo

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I'd say you are either a 2c or a 3A. It looks to me like your hair has curls, but that they are pulled out by the length.
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I'd say a combination of mostly 2c with some 3a...

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • curls of summercurls of summer Posts: 56Registered Users
    Thank you both so much! I think I'm going to get it cut a little shorter, about two or three inches, and see what happens to the curls. Thanks for that too, HeatherDawn! :D
    2-3A
    Regulars: White Rain Tropical Coconut, Tigi MM, AG Re:coil, Liquid Effects, Hard Jel, Mop-C Curl Defining Creme, Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    Occasional low-poo: Healthy Sexy Hair Chocolate Soymilk shampoo, Devacare Low-Poo
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You and your hair are lovely! I see a combo 2b/c and 3. There is some definate spiraling, but also the looser S waves in the back.

You could easily straigthen the curls to match the waves, or use a curling iron on the back to get curls all over.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • curls of summercurls of summer Posts: 56Registered Users
    Thank you for the compliments, Spider! =)
    I'm just afraid of heat damage, I'd been straightening pretty often earlier and my hair would get just so dry and straw-like. I might try your suggestion until my hair gets some consistency by itself though. Thanks for the tip.. :)
    2-3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file