Go Obama

Ms KittyMs Kitty Posts: 556Registered Users
He's the nominee:blob7::blob7::blob7::toothy7::toothy7::toothy7::toothy7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::compress::compress::compress::compress:
My favorites
Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
Yemen Henna
HHC
AOHR Deep Conditioner
Coconut,Jojoba and JBC oils
Rosemary Oil/w horsetail,coltsfoot and Nettle leaves.
My own homemade mixtures
BlackStrap Molasses

http://public.fotki.com/mj11051

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm really excited too! I listened to his speech on NPR last night and found myself choking up. I really believe if we can elect this compassionate, intelligent, honorable man we can all feel proud of our country again.

I listened to him and was overwhelmed by his kindness. He seems like he genuinely cares for the people of this country and genuinely wants everyone in this nation to have a good life. What a breath of fresh air! I can't wait to vote for him in November!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • Blood_RedBlood_Red Posts: 49Registered Users
    Despite being from England, I support Obama. :) I know he can do it!!!
    UK CG since May 2008! :sunny:
    * Original Source conditioner
    Evidently trying not to be a junkie. :cyclops::angel11:

:blob7: <- I am ALWAYS like this!
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    I wish I felt the same way. Obama winning the primaries has made me switch my support to John McCain.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    keikok wrote: »
    I wish I felt the same way. Obama winning the primaries has made me switch my support to John McCain.

How come? If you were a Hillary supporter, you do realize that she and Obama agreed on 99% of the issues, right? John McCain is the complete polar opposite of anything Democratic.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    tantrum wrote: »

How come? If you were a Hillary supporter, you do realize that she and Obama agreed on 99% of the issues, right? John McCain is the complete polar opposite of anything Democratic.

I don't understand that thinking either. As McCain moves his positions further and further to the right and abandons his previous maverick style, it becomes imperative that we unite and change the party in the White House. It's bigger than Obama, and it's bigger than Clinton. This is about America. How is John McCain who walks in Bush's shadow going to bring about change? If you were supporting Hillary to take the reigns that means you wanted some type of change, right? So how does putting a man in office that wants to stay the course going to make things better?
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • 'moptop''moptop' Posts: 438Registered Users
    Congrats all Obama supporters! We did it, the playoffs anyway. Now on to the championship match.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"My favorite president is President Obama." ---six year old quoted by the Washington Post during a president Bush YMCA visit
  • CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users
    Gobama! I voted for Hillary in the primary, but I've become less and less happy with her as this campaign has gone on. I'm so glad this didn't have to be dragged out any further. I am, though, worried about Obama's chances, as Hillary won the biggest battleground states. There are only a few states in this race that are in play - most are blue or red. Being in one of those "purple" states myself, and knowing what the outlook is here, I think Obama is definitely going to have a worse time of it than Hillary would have. That is part of the reason I wanted her to win so badly - to get a Democrat in the White House. These past few weeks, though, as Obama has shown great strength through this crazy Wright mess, and Hillary has shown her ugly side, I'm beginning to think that he is the best candidate, afterall. The best is not always the most electable - I think that the voters made the right decision. I'm with Obama all the way, and will do whatever I can to unite Hillary supporters.
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'll bite here....why is it so wonderful that Obama is running for president? What has he done that is so magnificent that we can trust him with running the most powerful nation in the world? One of the largest economies in the world? Trust my family's security to him?

I'm sincerely curious about why people are supporting him.

And for the record, I'm not real crazy about any of the 3 (up to this point) candidates.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• Ms KittyMs Kitty Posts: 556Registered Users

You get what you vote for.
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

• keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    susancnw wrote: »
    I'll bite here....why is it so wonderful that Obama is running for president? What has he done that is so magnificent that we can trust him with running the most powerful nation in the world? One of the largest economies in the world? Trust my family's security to him?

And for the record, I'm not real crazy about any of the 3 (up to this point) candidates.

To answer your question I don't think Obama has done anything remarkable, especially compared to former First Lady and Senator Hillary Clinton and former POW and Senator John McCain.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly
  • CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users

To answer your question I don't think Obama has done anything remarkable, especially compared to former First Lady and Senator Hillary Clinton and former POW and Senator John McCain.

McCain doesn't sound so bad - at least he cares about climate change, his record shows it, which for any candidate, Republican or Democrat, is very refreshing. It just scares me the way he's always talking about Iran. I have a bad feeling that he's going to start another unilateral, pre-emptive war, one that will come without any provocation from Iran. He's a soldier - war is what he knows. He obviously has little expertise on economic matters, and doesn't even pretend to care. I'm afraid another war will be his solution to the ailing economy, or rather a diversion. Where is he going to get the money is what I want to know? Most people don't seem to know that China is basically financing our current mess of a war on their own. How can anyone think it's wise to borrow billions of dollars from a growing world power with a steamrolling economy, a country that wasn't always our friend? I dated someone who was a Taiwanese immigrant - he knows how they do business over there. I have no doubt they'd take that rug out from under us in a minute if they decide they want their money back. It also doesn't help to have Hillary Clinton sharing her anti-China sentiments. We made ourselves dependent on China when we stopped manufacturing our own products. It's not China's fault.

Especially being in such a vulnerable position as we are now, I think Iran should be the least of our problems. Unless they attack us, it is asinine to even think that we are in the proper position to do anything about them. If we were so worried about national security, we'd bring our troops home so they'd be able to keep our homeland secure! Soliders and National Guardspeople like my cousin who used to track submarines on the east coast are being sent off to Iraq. We've got a recipe for disaster brewing with the Republicans, and I know if McCain gets in, that pie will be in the oven cooking before we know it. There are many things I like and admire about McCain, but I can't even consider going for him unless he gets off this Iran garbage. At least Obama has a diplomatic approach. He's willing to sit down and talk to people instead of threatening to blow their heads off if they say something we dislike.
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson
    Energy and the economy are a lot more important to me. National security (my family's security) is top, the energy/economy. They are both so linked right now that it is impossible to separate them.

Funny how Hillary is now anti-China when she and Bill were willing to take so much from them in the past, including this presidential campaign.

I cannot stand the bill up for vote on climate change and I'm glad it was voted down. The utter stupidity of thinking that a 'windfall profit tax" of the oil companies will get prices down in just that...stupidity. If they get higher taxes, WHO is going to pay those taxes? Us. Energy companies paid something around 40% in taxes last....let me find the link....can't find it....that's a decent estimate though.

Foreign companies are drilling off our shores, Europe is drilling off their shores, ramping up their nuclear energy. Extraction methods are so much better now, what oil spills there have been in the last 30 yrs have been from tankers, and that is improved with the double hulls. I can't remember the last oil spill from a pipeline. The marine environment around the rigs is booming. The coast off LA is healther than off FL...and most of the fishing boats gather around the rigs as that is where the fish are. Fish aren't stupid. They don't live and breed where it's not good for them.

All the 'climate change' legislation I've seen will be detrimental to our economy. We're not in a recession but watch us leap into one if this crap goes through. It is a lot of 'feel good' legislation that doesn't help anyone. Climate CHANGE...it changes...cycles of about 1500 years. The Skeptical Environmentalist is a pretty good read.

I've been reading today on a number of sites about Obama's platform. Still not convinced.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

So, isn't anyone going to tell me why Obama should be the next president? I'm not crazy about any of them, but I'm willing to listen.

s-event.png

• curlygirl81curlygirl81 Posts: 127Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    At least Obama has a diplomatic approach. He's willing to sit down and talk to people instead of threatening to blow their heads off if they say something we dislike.

A diplomatic approach? He's not even listening to what the radical Muslims are saying. Their message is deafening - "YOU'RE NOT MUSLIM, SO YOU DIE"

I think that's pretty clear.
  • notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    So, isn't anyone going to tell me why Obama should be the next president? I'm not crazy about any of them, but I'm willing to listen.

:laughing7: Ha! You ask a funny question. :toothy7:You know Hannity has been asking this for months and can't even get a real answer. I have asked it too and don't seem to get a real logical answer. Most are entertaining at best though. :compress:I agree with you as well, I'm not crazy about either of them either.
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    notegal wrote: »

:laughing7: Ha! You ask a funny question. :toothy7:You know Hannity has been asking this for months and can't even get a real answer. I have asked it too and don't seem to get a real logical answer. Most are entertaining at best though. :compress:I agree with you as well, I'm not crazy about either of them either.

Lots of people can answer this question differently. There is no one answer.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I asked why people here and other places weren't more enthusiastic in their support of McCain. A consistent response was something to the effect that he wasn't Obama. They would be voting against Obama not necessarily for McCain.

So I'll concur. People will vote for Obama because he's not McCain.
    I'm getting the response that they are voting for Obama because he is not Bush. They seem to forget that he's not running again.

Been listening to discussions, reading past voting records, read the transcript from the Saddleback civil forum...and if I had to choose one topic that I find absolutely reprehensible...and that is his support of partial birth abortion...his answer to Warren was lame, at best. "Above my pay grade?" Please! You want to attain the office of the POTUS...and you don't have an opinion

s-event.png

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It would be a lot easier to engage in a discussion on this topic if any of these posts made any sense.
  • Ms KittyMs Kitty Posts: 556Registered Users
    Thank You
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

• Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I'm getting the response that they are voting for Obama because he is not Bush. They seem to forget that he's not running again.

But McCain is a Republican which is a good enough reason to doubt him. Of course the government is too big but what do you cut out? What shouldn't be regulated?

Besides, McCain lied to wife, why wouldn't he lie to me?
  • curlygirl81curlygirl81 Posts: 127Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wild~hair wrote: »
    It would be a lot easier to engage in a discussion on this topic if any of these posts made any sense.

What doesn't make sense about asking what Obama's qualifications are? So far no one has listed any.
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »

What doesn't make sense about asking what Obama's qualifications are? So far no one has listed any.[/quote

Oh, some people just want a Muslim who works for Al Qaida and doesn't know the pledge of allegiance to let terrorism and Islam take over the 57 states in the USA. Anyone who votes for this terrorist is obviously against us and should be put to death. It's the Republican ie Christian thing to do.
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Tilly wrote: »

Oh, some people just want a Muslim who works for Al Qaida and doesn't know the pledge of allegiance to let terrorism and Islam take over the 57 states in the USA. Anyone who votes for this terrorist is obviously against us and should be put to death. It's the Republican ie Christian thing to do.

:toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

He is a senator from Illinois, has been one since 2005. Before that, he was in the Illinois Senate.
    I'm bumping this just to say that I'm still really excited about the election, and I believe Obama will win. Though he was not my first choice candidate, I've found many reasons to support him and I think he's going to be one of the greatest presidents this country has ever seen.
  • selfcurledgirlselfcurledgirl Posts: 518Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My answer to a poster's question about why we should vote for Obama is that he is a bright, open, thoughtful man who has the intellect and mental health to amass bright people in a room and look at all sides of an argument. He has demonstrated executive leadership skills in how he beat a tough political machine without using gutter politics as McCain is doing. We have had a knee jerk, anti intellectual President and look at the mess we are in. He is a decent, hard working man and we and the world would be proud to have him and Biden as our leaders. The choice is so clear. Why would we trust our country again to Bu****es. McCain is engaging in lies and chose an unqualified person to be VP. Look at his poor judgment, just to get elected. We need to be proud again. Take a chance on the future, don't retreat to the past and the same old gutter politics. I could go on. I hope independents and Republicans have learned from these last 7 years.
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.
    My answer to a poster's question about why we should vote for Obama is that he is a bright, open, thoughtful man who has the intellect and mental health to amass bright people in a room and look at all sides of an argument. He has demonstrated executive leadership skills in how he beat a tough political machine without using gutter politics as McCain is doing. We have had a knee jerk, anti intellectual President and look at the mess we are in. He is a decent, hard working man and we and the world would be proud to have him and Biden as our leaders. The choice is so clear. Why would we trust our country again to Bu****es. McCain is engaging in lies and chose an unqualified person to be VP. Look at his poor judgment, just to get elected. We need to be proud again. Take a chance on the future, don't retreat to the past and the same old gutter politics. I could go on. I hope independents and Republicans have learned from these last 7 years.

In addition to this, I truly believe that Obama's past record shows that he is willing to work with the opposing party. I think he's as sick of all the partisanship as the rest of us; with a few exceptions, he has expressed the need for both parties to stop arguing and work together for common goals. It's incredibly sad how divided this country has become. I don't remember it ever being this bad.
  • EllaElla Posts: 392Registered Users
    I'm bumping this just to say that I'm still really excited about the election, and I believe Obama will win. Though he was not my first choice candidate, I've found many reasons to support him and I think he's going to be one of the greatest presidents this country has ever seen.

A view from The Dark Side: I'm also excited about the election, while I am not voting for Senator Obama, I admire him and encouraged by the interest he has sparked in the political process from people who may not have been that engaged. I will say that John McCain is one of my heroes, I have always been in awe of his story of how his captivity changed him from a self-centered flyboy, to someone who was in Hell and came through it with a deeper love of country. I realize this puts me in an extreme minority, I hope this doesn't make everyone think I am Evil Incarnate (although I'll admit to wearing a lot of black clothing with skulls on it:twisted:) If Obama wins, I will pray for the safety and health of him and his family, and I will truly hope that he is, indeed, the greatest president this country has ever had. Sulking because your "team" didn't win is for sports contests, with something this important, I plan to put my country first, and that means wishing whoever wins the best!!!
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users

In addition to this, I truly believe that Obama's past record shows that he is willing to work with the opposing party. I think he's as sick of all the partisanship as the rest of us; with a few exceptions, he has expressed the need for both parties to stop arguing and work together for common goals. It's incredibly sad how divided this country has become. I don't remember it ever being this bad.

i agree with both of you. i've found the newly invigorated culture wars of the past couple of weeks to be incredibly disheartening. :thumbdown:
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file