New Pantene Beautiful Lengths Conditioner

hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Registered Users Posts: 2,159
Has anybody seen/tried? I noticed the shampoo/conditioner in walmart today (the big bottles were $5) I was tempted to get the conditioner because it doesn't have the bad cone in it...here are the ingredients -- has the same cone that is in aussie and some other pantene conditioners:

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Cetyl Alcohol , Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone , Panthenol , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Fragrance , Disodium EDTA , Benzyl Alcohol , Sodium Hydroxide , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

For a more detailed description if you are interested:
http://www.walgreens.com/beauty/product.jsp?CATID=304647&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod3958895
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo
Conditioner - One Condition
Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.

Comments

• marinacurlzmarinacurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,720
    Hmm, sounds interesting. I used to use Aussie all the time before going CG and honestly my hair looked better than it does now from using sulfate and cone free products.
    http://public.fotki.com/TLGuerrero/

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Registered Users Posts: 2,159
    I struggle with the same thing marinacurlz!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    Is Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone a good cone? Is it like amodimethicone? If so, I'd be satisfied with that. Or is it more like the regular dimethicone?
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
    Boomygrrl wrote: »
    Is Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone a good cone? Is it like amodimethicone? If so, I'd be satisfied with that. Or is it more like the regular dimethicone?

That is a good question, I would like to know too. P&G are using the term "aquacurrent science" on this new conditioner. Here is a little blurb I found on this:
    Procter & Gamble Beauty is hoping to change the way people think about moisturization with a new approach dubbed Aquacurrent Science, designed to optimize moisture movement in the skin and hair.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Maybe amodimethicone and the bis-cone are similar based on this article?

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curly-q-a/curlchemist-amodimethicone-and-other-amine-functionalized-silicones
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

I'd have to say that after reading that article silicones don't sound that bad. Although I am a tad confused, I thought when I posted that thread on cyclomethicone that silicones evaporate, thus omitting the need for sulfates to remove the film. But that article states you need a sulfate to remove it. :scratch:

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    I'd have to say that after reading that article silicones don't sound that bad. Although I am a tad confused, I thought when I posted that thread on cyclomethicone that silicones evaporate, thus omitting the need for sulfates to remove the film. But that article states you need a sulfate to remove it. :scratch:

Exactly -- sooo confusing. Now I understand too why I am a big poofball at the end of the day when I use certain cones, because after it evaporates, there's nothing left on my hair! :) Hopefully, some day soon, someone will settle all the confusion on cones, all cones.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

I guess you and I are both back to square one on that issue!:tongue3:

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Current products-
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    I suspect Proctor & Gamble, which owns Aussie and Pantene, tried it the bis-amino...blah-blah cone with Aussie and is now moving it to Pantene.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
    I'm bringing up my old thread because I bought this conditioner and used it today and have awesome curls - I thought my hair might be weighed down or greasy, etc...nope, just defined and no frizz...I'm gonna keep using it and see what happens...usually when I use any kind of cones I have to end up clarifying much sooner than if I don't use them, so we will see. Anybody else using any of the new Pantene conditioners since they have gone -xaneless?
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• KimbercurlyKimbercurly Registered Users Posts: 31
    I just began the CG routine yesterday. This is the stuff I was using before I started and I was sad to drop it. It was definitly my favorite shampoo and conditioner I've ever tried and smelled so good. My husband would just stick his face in my hair because he liked the smell so much.
    Are you saying that the cones in it are the water soluble kind? If they were that'd be great!
    I just began the CG routine yesterday. This is the stuff I was using before I started and I was sad to drop it. It was definitly my favorite shampoo and conditioner I've ever tried and smelled so good. My husband would just stick his face in my hair because he liked the smell so much.
    Are you saying that the cones in it are the water soluble kind? If they were that'd be great!

From what I understand, the new silicone in it is similar to amodimethicone, the silicone that is in the DevaCurl products - while it's still not water soluble, it's better than the xane cones because it doesn't have the ability to build up - there is an article floating around here somewhere, if I find it I will post the link here.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• krispykrispy Registered Users Posts: 320
    I used today, for the first time, the Pantene smooth conditioner, and I loved it ! I was actually going to post a question asking if it's really that bad for you because based on this one use, I am very happy :tongue3:
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
    Hmmm... maybe I'll just go back to what I like. This whole CG stuff is confusing the heck out of me. I bought a bunch of products based on reviews here then come to find out all the stuff I got was bad for dry climates and I live in the desert sooo...
    Could these cones be removed with a low poo like giovanni triple treat?
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    I live in a dry climate and have no problems with any products. I have tried products that others can only use in humid climates, with success. I would say, give your products a shot, you never know. I have no issues with humectants in this dry climate. I don't know why, but they work for me. HTH.

*My hair has not been healthier since going CG!!
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • jomar_hairjomar_hair Registered Users Posts: 132
    Hmmm... maybe I'll just go back to what I like. This whole CG stuff is confusing the heck out of me. I bought a bunch of products based on reviews here then come to find out all the stuff I got was bad for dry climates and I live in the desert sooo...

I know what you mean. I keep going back and forth between CG and non CG products.
    curlykey wrote: »
    I live in a dry climate and have no problems with any products. I have tried products that others can only use in humid climates, with success. I would say, give your products a shot, you never know. I have no issues with humectants in this dry climate. I don't know why, but they work for me. HTH.

*My hair has not been healthier since going CG!!

I did try them and couldn't figure out why my hair seemed frizzy and poofier. So I complained about it on the shampoo-less board and they told me it was probably the glycerin, which is in pretty much every new product I bought. And I bought like five new products. Lol.
    jomar_hair wrote: »

I know what you mean. I keep going back and forth between CG and non CG products.

Yeah, well it sounded so much better for your hair. But I wasn't really dissatisfied with my hair to begin with, and now that I'm trying the CG thing I am dissatisfied so it just seems pointless to spend all this money and time trying to fix something that isn't broken :)
    So I went to CVS to buy some more beautiful lengths today (yes, I gave up the CG thing already) and was surprised to find a new pantene bottle I've never seen before. It's called Pantene nature fusion smooth vitality. I'd never heard of it and when I got online I searched and here's a link I found; http://www.pantene.com/html/naturefusion/naturefusion.html Anyways, I ended up buying it even though it has dimethicone. I'm excited to try it out tomorrow and I'll let you all know how it goes.
    The website says it's not due on shelves 'till February so I guess I scored. Lol.
  • Rebecca 1995Rebecca 1995 Registered Users Posts: 118
    i reallyyyyy like this conditioner - it's my favorite. it smells soooo good (not too fragrant, but fragrant enough), and it has great frizz control. THE BEST!
    Hair type: 2c - 3b!! o and its thick =]]

Currently Using:
    -John Frieda Daily Nourishment leave-in conditioning spray
    -Alberto VO5 Curvaceous Curls Styling Mousse
    -Living Proof No Frizz, Wave Shaping/Curl Defining Styling Cream (thick to coarse hair)
    I HEART CURLS <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file