Suave with sulphates?

I was considering maybe trying CG. So I popped into Walmart and checked out the Suave products. But I noticed the ingredients had some sulphates and cones listed. I couldn't find the V05 products in Walmart but I found them in the dollar store -suprisingly. It also had sulphates listed. I was wondering if these products normally have sulphates or maybe it is the newer verision.
~Hair under construction ~

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    Were you looking at shampoos? You would only need the conditioners if you're going CG and there are lots of those without cones.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NottyNotty Registered Users Posts: 1,456
    Gee - you had me running upstairs to check out my Sauve Naturals conditioner - no Sulphates in mine - are you looking at another product?
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    The shampoos have sulfates. It's the conditioners that we are usually talking about when we talk about Suave.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    Also, the most CG-safe conditioners are the ones from the "Naturals" line (the cheap, herbal-y ones). The ones from the "Professionals" lines (the salon formula dupes) have cones, etc.
  • Medusa HeadMedusa Head Registered Users Posts: 90
    msgiblet wrote: »
    Were you looking at shampoos? You would only need the conditioners if you're going CG and there are lots of those without cones.

Oops. :oops: Yes, I did check out the shampoo instead of conditioners. Sorry for this thread.
    Notty wrote: »
    Gee - you had me running upstairs to check out my Sauve Naturals conditioner - no Sulphates in mine - are you looking at another product?

Sorry about that. I can't believe I forgot about the co-wash = conditioner, not shampoo. I'll have to go back and read the CG rules - again.
    ~Hair under construction ~
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    I have made that mistake before in the store. The bottles were similar or the products were a little misaligned from the shelf signs or something, and I was like "Sheesh how is this a conditioner with so much sulfates in it?" Lol.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    msgiblet wrote: »

Oops. :oops: Yes, I did check out the shampoo instead of conditioners. Sorry for this thread.
    Notty wrote: »

Sorry about that. I can't believe I forgot about the co-wash = conditioner, not shampoo. I'll have to go back and read the CG rules - again.

No worries!! We all make mistakes and I know I still make a TON of them even after as long as I've been doing this. Like Riot Crrl said, some of these bottles look exactly alike - it's easy to get confused.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file