Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious line

BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Went to BlueMercury today and got samples of the Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious line...I got a packet that has shampoo, conditioner, and curl cream for fine to medium hair and I got the same type of packet but for medium to coarse hair.
I'm anxious to try it. The ingredients are not listed on these packets, but I'm assuming there are going to be sulfates and cones in them.

Has anyone used this before? Did you like it? How does it compare to other products you've tried?

Thanks.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
:blob8:

3a/3b

Comments

• kerlydookerlydoo Posts: 253Registered Users
    Boomygrrl wrote: »
    Has anyone used this before? Did you like it? How does it compare to other products you've tried?Thanks.

I used the curl cream for medium to coarse hair about 2yrs ago, before CG. I loved what it did for my curls. I'm pretty sure it has cones in it. I probably stopped using it due to the price. If I remember correctly, this was the only styling product I used. I wasn't layering product over product. So, maybe that justifies the price :dontknow: now that I think about it. Just don't use too much or your hair will look greasy.

I haven't tried the poo and condish.

Ingredients for CC med-coarse: Water Purified (Aqua Purificata), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Transglutaminase, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, PEG 8 Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Bisabolol, Urea, Polyquaternium 51, Behentrimonium Chloride, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum)

CC fine-med: Water Purified (Aqua Purificata), Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone, Transglutaminase, PVP, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pantethine, Phytantriol, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Squalane, Sodium PCA, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Urea, Polyquaternium-51, Polyquaternium-7, Cetrimonium Chloride, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Maltodextin, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum)

HTH
    3a/3b, m/iii, color treated, parched
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used it a few years ago as well. I didn't find that it did anything for my hair. In fact, despite the cost, I gave the bottle away.

I stopped using all Bumble and Bumble products when I found this website. For the price of these products, I was never happy with the results and the ingredients weren't great.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • kerlydookerlydoo Posts: 253Registered Users
    So true about the price!! They are outrageous!!:thumbdown:
    3a/3b, m/iii, color treated, parched
  • Babyk005Babyk005 Posts: 205Registered Users
    I tried the curl concsious curling creme and hated it. It made my hair sticky and gross. I will never use their products again!...I got talked into buying it at a salon for 32 bucks!
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good thing I only got samples. I have too many products now, so that helped tame my inner PJ and I didn't do an impulse shop. I still plan on trying my samples out but I got too many other things already, so it's in the back of the line.

I was just curious if anybody liked it before they went CG. I like to experiment with all sorts of stuff, so it doesn't bother me whether it's CG or not. But I don't want a cone overload either.

Thanks so far for the responses. If anyone else has had an experience with this line, I'd like to "hear" it. Thanks!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the ingredients, kerlydoo

3a/3b
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I used it before I went CG. It was the best line I found PRE CG - but dumped it all when I came here.

The curl cremes were ok. I did like the shampoo and condish, because, compared to other non CG curl lines, they were the most moisturizing.

And, I am such a product princess, but honestly, they were costly!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's funny -- I didn't even know my hair was capable of forming spirally/ringletty things until a stylist introduced me to the Curl Conscious styling creme. It changed my life! (I think I'm a 2C, maybe 3A in the summer, but I never knew it!)

However, I've since realized that what she really taught me was styling technique -- air drying, no combing/brushing, no ponytails while wet hair dries, etc. Recently, I've been able to get similar results with different products, at least in the summer months when my hair is curlier.

I DID love the texture of that product -- good hold without being sticky, nice shine, etc. It was the only product I needed. (Good thing, at the price!)

However, after about 3 years using it I've become unhappy with my hair again, so now I'm giving a modified CG a try and giving up silicones. My hair just stopped doing so well with it, and it seems like dryness/buildup/too much shampooing, etc., might be why. It does seem like the kind of product that could build up over time.

I haven't thrown it away yet, though! I need to hold onto it as a safety net, for now, I think. I know I'll be tempted to use it when I have a bad hair day.......

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file