Won't grow???

curlybohocurlyboho Registered Users Posts: 130
I had a chin length cut about 3 years ago and then i decided to grow it out. I started on the CG routine, I had it trimmed 4xs a year, and currently i haven't cut it since November 07. I try to DT every week and I massage with Rosmerry & TeaTree once a week. Not to mention I take Vita A, Fish Oil, Zinc, Vita B, and Folic Acid which are supposed to be good for hair.

My problem is I really don't see much growth. It hits to my elbows when wet, just a little below my shoulder when dry. It just doesn't seem to be getting any longer.

Someone told me that it in your genes and that some hair will only grow to a certain length...is this true??? If so is there anything I can do about it???

Or any suggestions for better growth. You hear about these "grow fast" pills, conditioners, oils. But I'm a little skepticle about these. My goal is to have elbow length curls when dry so I have a ways to go but any help would be appreciated.:toothy7:
Low Porosity-Medium Density

Hair loves all sorts of proteins...my curls come to life in hot humid weather!

Comments

• amaraliceamaralice Registered Users Posts: 302
    Someone posted on a thread a growth regimen found on growafrohairlong.com. The suggestion was to wear hair breadedf for 2-3 months at a time. and then wear it free for a few months, just alternating back and forth. I don't know if you are of Afro ethnicity and feel that braids are right for you. But when I use to wear extension braids for months at a time my hair really grew. My extensions were really just a little longer than my actual hair but the added hair encapsulated and protected my real hair and it just grew. You're obviously doing everything right and consistently.
    curlyboho wrote: »
    I had a chin length cut about 3 years ago and then i decided to grow it out. I started on the CG routine, I had it trimmed 4xs a year, and currently i haven't cut it since November 07. I try to DT every week and I massage with Rosmerry & TeaTree once a week. Not to mention I take Vita A, Fish Oil, Zinc, Vita B, and Folic Acid which are supposed to be good for hair.

My problem is I really don't see much growth. It hits to my elbows when wet, just a little below my shoulder when dry. It just doesn't seem to be getting any longer.

Someone told me that it in your genes and that some hair will only grow to a certain length...is this true??? If so is there anything I can do about it???

Or any suggestions for better growth. You hear about these "grow fast" pills, conditioners, oils. But I'm a little skepticle about these. My goal is to have elbow length curls when dry so I have a ways to go but any help would be appreciated.:toothy7:
    Lakshmi's Cupboard
    http://LakshmsCupboard.com

If I use it, I sell it!

4A. Hair goal chin level while curly - achieved Oct 2010!
    Next Goal: Shoulder length - Achieved Summer 2012!
    New Goal: Bra Strap Level
    Routine
    DT: Amla Silk Deep Therapy Restorative Masque , rhassoul clay
    Leave-in: Amla Lavender Chamomile Leave-In Hair Cream,, Amla and Honey Detangling Conditioner, Bhaasvataa Oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file