Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme

AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've been using this cream as a leave-in DT for my hair for the past year, and I love it. Thought I might post about it here to recommend it to you guys.

Here are the ingredients:
Deionized water, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Ceteareth 20, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidynl Urea, Carrot Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Vitamin A (Palmitate), Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Carrot Extract (Beta Carotene), L-Cysteine, Panthenol (Vitamin B), Peanut Oil, Arginine, Horsetail Extract

Not a good choice for those with protein sensitivities, but great for me. I use it sometimes in conjunction with my styling cream for extra protection (esp. in the winter, when I often blow out my hair--I know, not good to say on a curly website!). Since I airdry during the warm months, I use this as a conditioning treatment and coat my hair in it before I wash it out. I'm not a COer, but I'm sure it washes out just fine without shampoo. I'm a wavey, but it also works on my 3a friend as a leave-in on wet hair. On dry hair, a little goes a long way, because it can cause hair to be a bit stiff.

Carrot Creme's found in the ethnic haircare aisle of CVS and Wally Worlds for about $3 for a tub that lasts for nearly 8 mos.

P.S.-Anyone who's acne-prone should be careful to keep this away from their foreheads, because the isopropyl myristate can cause clogged pores. I learned this the hard way!

Comments

• JodenyseJodenyse Posts: 138Registered Users
    I was about to buy this but I read that the second ingredient is the same as petroleum. Im glad it works for you though. Just goes to show how different things work for different people.
    www.Freerice.com
    Play a game while feeding the hungry 20 grains at a time:nike:
    ``````````````````````````
    Can someone please tell me how to change my Username?!??
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmm, I read this on websites like drugstore.com, too, but when I looked it up, there was no proof of it being a mineral oil derivative. In fact, from the chemical name, it looks like the ester of myristic acid (found in nutmeg and butter) and isopropyl alcohol. I have no idea where this misinformation is coming from, but I hope they aren't slandering this wonderful product.

Again, though, stay away if protein-sensitive or acne-prone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file