I want a rose perfume

battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
I am looking for a perfume that smells like roses, not in an old-lady way. I usually like food smells, but I am trying to get away from that as I get older. I just love rose-scented things...any recommendations? I have been told that Stella by Stella McCartney is a good one, but it's out of my price range. Are there others?

Comments

• riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    tantrum wrote: »
    I am looking for a perfume that smells like roses, not in an old-lady way. I usually like food smells, but I am trying to get away from that as I get older. I just love rose-scented things...any recommendations? I have been told that Stella by Stella McCartney is a good one, but it's out of my price range. Are there others?

Oh man, I saw this headline and wanted to yell out STELLA!

I'll admit it was quite pricey, but like all good perfumes its very concentrated and will last you a long time. Its very unique. I generally don't like florals but there is something very sophisticated and downright cool about it.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    You could always make your own. Find a shop that does it for you or check out some websites where you can get the products and just add your own oils.

http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/fragrant-oils-premium-fragrant-oils-aj-c-4_96.html
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Stella comes in a roll-on for $16, and a 1 oz bottle for $45. Check the Sephora website. I find it to be very short-lived. I like it so much that I don't mind, but if you don't really love it then it may not be the best investment.

Givenchy Very Irresistible comes in a mini for $19. It's aimed at teens and young women.

I can't find any good deals on it right now, but Ce Soir ou Jamais by Annick Goutal often comes up on discount sites.

A lot of the time, the list price of a fragrance is irrelevant. There's a very big discount market.

If you're looking for a discount, avoid 1stperfume.com at ALL COSTS. It's pretty infamous, and you will get scammed if you buy from them.

Trustworthy discount sites are:
    www.scentmonkey.com
    www.parfum1.com
    www.beautyencounter.com
    www.theperfumespot.com
    www.scentiments.com
    www.fragrancenet.com
    www.perfumeemporium.com
    www.fragrancex.com
    www.perfumecountry.com
    www.imaginationperfumery.com (mostly small samples)
    www.perfume-worldwide.com
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    Thanks so much! You all are very helpful. Making my own is an option; though I am a creature of convenience when it comes to beauty products, I guess it's worth a try. And, I will check out those links. I haven't smelled Stella for myself, so who knows. Maybe I will love it so much I'll want to splurge!
  • notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    I also thought Stella smelled a lot like roses. The other thing you could do is just look around the stores like Walmart or Target. Many times they have rose scented body products. :happy10:
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I know there was a craze over here for awhile for Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (BPAL) perfume oils. I seem to remember them having rose scents, but you also have to buy them "smell-unsmelled" from the site. I think if you do a search you can probably find the board discussions on them if you're interested - I think it's cute that the mini sizes are called "imp's ears", lol.

Here's a link to their website - it's got Gothic-style artwork on it and interesting descriptions, so it's fun to peruse even if you don't plan on buying. (I should know, I never did.)
    http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

Good luck with finding your rose perfume! :)
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose and Montale Oud Queen Roses. Both pack a hard punch and aren't cheap in full sized, but can be found in sample or small sizes on ebay.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    I like Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose and Montale Oud Queen Roses. Both pack a hard punch and aren't cheap in full sized, but can be found in sample or small sizes on ebay.

If you're going to go this route, try the Parfums de Rosine, as well. www.theperfumedcourt.com is a reliable site for samples, and offers themed packs. There is a collection of "dark, smouldering rose samples. It's probably not what you're looking for--it sounds like you want something light and casual--but you get the idea.

Also, I forgot to mention before that Bulgari offers its Rose Essentielle in a $25 purse spray. I'd call it a rose-and-blackberry fragrance. It's too sweet for me, but it's pleasant.

There's also YSL Paris, which is a "big" '80s take on the classic pairing of rose and violet. Easy to find at a discount.

Anyway, in terms of quality, I think that Stella is generally considered a bargain even by perfume snobs.
    Ok, I've been trying to remember the name of this one all day, and I've FINALLY got it:

Rose Absolue by Yves Rocher, a rose gourmand scent. The 1.7 oz bottle is currently out of stock, but it costs $23 (like most Yves Rocher products, it is perpetually on sale) and--hey!--comes with a free necklace.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    what about Rose Amour? for the life of me, i can't remember which perfume house makes it...
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    Body Shop also sells unscented products that you can scent with their essential or fragrance oils. They stopped carrying the Rose products, but you can still get the scent put into products.

It's wonderful!
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    b&bw makes a scent called midnight path that's roses & violets. it's nice and light but doesn't last very long. i like it =].

kindasortaguano; how can you make perfumes last longer? a special product or scent layering...?
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    kindasortaguano; how can you make perfumes last longer? a special product or scent layering...?

definitely layering - having the body lotion that matches the scent is the best way to go.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    rouquinne wrote: »

definitely layering - having the body lotion that matches the scent is the best way to go.

Just to elaborate--Anything oily will make a perfume last longer. This includes moisturizer (scented or unscented), as well as complementary perfume oils and solid perfumes. Some people use jojoba and the like. The oiliest layer should be applied first. And, of course, you should only use a roll-on perfume as the bottom layer.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I just received as a gift a rose perfume solid. I'm sure the person who got it bought it at the CoOp.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I don't think they ever really "match" though. I've been disappointed in most lotions that are supposed to have the same scent as the perfume. They don't smell the same, and layering seems to change the scent of the perfume entirely.
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users

I don't think they ever really "match" though. I've been disappointed in most lotions that are supposed to have the same scent as the perfume. They don't smell the same, and layering seems to change the scent of the perfume entirely.
    ^ yeah, i've noticed that, too...i have the perfume, body butter, and handcream all in the "moonlight path" scent, and while they generally all smell the same, they all differ just a bit. i don't know if it's ingredients or what.
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file