CG Lash Blast-WOW!

riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I had just bought my old trusty Maybelline Great Lash two days ago because the store I went to didn't have this in Very Black, but I saw it today at Rite Aid and I caved.

Its awesome! The formula itself is fairly basic but it works. It thickens and lengthens but its not so thick that it straightens the lashes. In fact I think it curls them a little. And that brush is amazing. It separates and evenly coats every lash. I found I had the best results if I wiped it on a tissue first like any other mascara. And my lashes are soft, too. I hate crunchy lashes.

So much for that new tube of Great Lash....
Have several allergies and sensitivities.
Current products
Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    is this the one in the orange tube, and the wand looks like it has orange soft plastic spikey things on it?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curls2grow wrote: »
    is this the one in the orange tube, and the wand looks like it has orange soft plastic spikey things on it?

Thats the one. That brush is so cool. It really prevents clumping provided you wipe it on a tissue first to get rid of the excess.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)

• Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    How's the flakeage?

None? Some? A lot?

That's my biggest problemo...
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    i think it is! i saw that and was a bit put off...ill admit even a little scared when i saw that spiky orange wand lol

but if it works THAT nicely....:wink:
    curls2grow wrote: »
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    How's the flakeage?

None? Some? A lot?

That's my biggest problemo...

I haven't noticed any. However I don't usually have that problem. I've heard its oils on the lashes that cause that. I usually have powder all over mine from both my foundation and my eyeshadow.
    Current products

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I absolutely love that brush on the CG mascaras. It can look a little scary but those little spikes really smooth the mascara on and separate the lashes nicely.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I've been using it for a month or so and I really like it. I don't get flaking and smudging either (and I tend to have that problem).
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am going to have to try this mascara! Sounds like it's definitely worth a shot.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Love it! I got tired on spending so much on mascaras in department stores and was working my way through Target when I bought this. It's fabulous! No flaking, no smudging, washes off well, and look great.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i've got a really good discount coupon for CG mascaras, now i MUST try this one!!!!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    this is the ONLY mascara that i've ever used that i genuinely like!
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love this stuff. It builds your lashes out so much. People ask me if I have fake eyelashes on. Nope, just a great mascara.

As for the flakeage. I can sleep in it and still be okayish the next day. Usually I'm tired if that happens, so I end up rubbing my eyes during the day, so it flakes a little 2nd day. 1st day, not at all. And the regular (not waterproof) washes off very easily. The waterproof, however takes an act of God to get off sometimes. And I don't think the waterproof works as well. Just my experience.

This stuff is my favorite thing ever. I will go from store to store hunting for this stuff. I never do that.

• GabbylkpGabbylkp Posts: 197Registered Users
    I'm wondering if there is anyone that has used Lash Perfection by Max Factor and CG Lash Blast? I've heard they are both made by Procter and Gamble and may be comparable in quality? Max Factor didn't do to much to impress me, I thought it was average at best, Lash Blast may be better?
    Dwight Schrute: [pushing Michael's face into the wet cement] Force it in as deep as you can. Michael Scott: That's what she said.
    I'm wondering if there is anyone that has used Lash Perfection by Max Factor and CG Lash Blast? I've heard they are both made by Procter and Gamble and may be comparable in quality? Max Factor didn't do to much to impress me, I thought it was average at best, Lash Blast may be better?

I actually was going to try the Max Factor because Makeup Alley gave it better reviews than the Lash Blast.
    However I read the ingredients in it and noticed it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate and several of the drying alcohols. I won't use things things in my hair or skin or even my toothpaste, so I'm not using it near my eyes either. Lash Blast doesn't have these ingredients, just the waxes and resins typical in a mascara, so I went with that.
    Current products

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I love this stuff. It builds your lashes out so much. People ask me if I have fake eyelashes on. Nope, just a great mascara.

As for the flakeage. I can sleep in it and still be okayish the next day. Usually I'm tired if that happens, so I end up rubbing my eyes during the day, so it flakes a little 2nd day. 1st day, not at all. And the regular (not waterproof) washes off very easily. The waterproof, however takes an act of God to get off sometimes. And I don't think the waterproof works as well. Just my experience.

This stuff is my favorite thing ever. I will go from store to store hunting for this stuff. I never do that.

Huh! I wonder if mine might be waterproof? I got it in the mail some how (no clue, just showed up one day in a little bubble wrap envelope with some coupons for it?) and I never checked if it was water proof?

I do love it though, and my only complaint would be how difficult it can be to get it off!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn

Huh! I wonder if mine might be waterproof? I got it in the mail some how (no clue, just showed up one day in a little bubble wrap envelope with some coupons for it?) and I never checked if it was water proof?

I do love it though, and my only complaint would be how difficult it can be to get it off!!!

i think that the waterproof one has a blue ring around it and the regular one has a silver ring.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    shellynot wrote: »

i think that the waterproof one has a blue ring around it and the regular one has a silver ring.

I think you're right. I think the waterproof has a blue metallic ring around where the wand meets the body of the mascara tube.

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Mine would be the waterproof then!!!

Maybe I'll go pick up some of the regular this afternoon!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just bought some of this the other day due to the raves here. I don't ordinarily wear mascara, but I really like this. It made my lashes look great -noticeably so even under my glasses - it stayed on all day and washed off easily. I pronounce it a keeper!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • DalollyDalolly Posts: 6Registered Users
    Recently bought Lash Blast and love it!!!
    It took going to a few stores before I found the color I wanted. I guess a lot of people like this mascara.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I bought this the other day, because of the raves here. I don't love it. It didn't seem to make my lashes any different than any other mascara, and it FLAKED and smeared by the end of the day. I bought the non-waterproof formula.

I'm going back to my Maybelline Lash Discovery in waterproof, because it's the only mascara that has never flaked or smeared on me, even on lower lashes.
    So I got the regular one the other day and its really good! I think I prefer the waterproof (looks a little fuller) but this one is great for everyday wear!
    Audrey Hepburn
    I bought this the other day, because of the raves here. I don't love it. It didn't seem to make my lashes any different than any other mascara, and it FLAKED and smeared by the end of the day. I bought the non-waterproof formula.

I'm going back to my Maybelline Lash Discovery in waterproof, because it's the only mascara that has never flaked or smeared on me, even on lower lashes.

Are your lids oily? Have you tried putting powder or a primer of some sort on your lashes before curling and putting on mascara? I've heard it can help.
    Current products

riotkitty wrote: »

Are your lids oily? Have you tried putting powder or a primer of some sort on your lashes before curling and putting on mascara? I've heard it can help.

Oh, yes, I'm very oily. I already use primer on my skin and eyelids before putting on makeup. I just didn't get good results from the Lash Blast. The smearing was probably because it wasn't a waterproof formula and due to my oily skin. BUT, it flaked in addition to smearing. I don't like little pieces of black stuff on my cheeks late in the day.
    i've never heard of mascara smearing. :scratch: eyeliner, oh yah, but not mascara.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

i've never heard of mascara smearing. :scratch: eyeliner, oh yah, but not mascara.

You'll need to come out with me on a wild drinking night when I've made the mistake of wearing non-waterproof mascara. You'll see some smearing...
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Oh, my mascara will smear and flake too. I'm an oily person also. :evil:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

sure it does - my eyelashes hit around the bottom of my brow bone and i'll get smudges in my highlight colour. and i i wear mascara on my lower lashes, it can definitely smear there....
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    When I was much younger and much oilier, mascara used to smear on me all the time. I only used clear unti I was

I don't really think I've ever had flaking and I've tried a lot of mascaras. i wonder why some people get that and some don't?
    Current products

• mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    A recent convert here (non-waterproof). I accidentally bought it in black-brown and am still incredibly pleased. I have oily lids, but don't use mascara on my lower lashes. This stuff defines and lengthens without clumping or flaking. Interestingly, my makeup remover won't get it off -- I need to let them soak in water before I can wipe it off my lashes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file