Really Thick Hair...need help!!

liv4crewliv4crew Registered Users Posts: 3
I have really thick hair that is kinda curly but really poofy! i had it cut and thinned like two months ago shoulder length (bad idea). I am growing it out now but it seems like i get a uncontrolable super poof in the back! What do i do!! currently using pantene intense hydration+herbal essenes none of your frizzyness...sorry for my awful spelling;0

Comments

• JournalistJournalist Registered Users Posts: 366
    Oh that sounds fun...Pics might help a bit. My sugestion would be to wet down the back and then separate into small sections, twist them and then put gel on them to keep them defined. You might also want to dry a deep treatment for extra moisture.
    3a/b
    Protein sensitive
    med/low porosity/med texture
    Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
    Suave Ocean Breeze
    HE TT Gel
    CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
    Fotki
    I have more pictures up! :)
    Seattle for the Summer
  • SoaringSirenSoaringSiren Registered Users Posts: 765
    The fact that you got your hair thinned certainly doesn't help. Nor does the fact that you use products containing silicone. Silicone keeps the moisture from getting to your hair, which also could be contributing to the frizz.

I can tell you, I used to complain constantly that my hair was a big ball of frizz and nothing could tame it...until I found something that did...CG!!!

It's definitely something to look into and try. It's very beneficial to hair. :)
    3a locks!
    Daily Products!: Suave Naturals Coconut, Jessicurl WDT, MOP-C, Biotera Curl Creme, & LA Looks Sports Gel!
    ^^^Proof that you can be CG without spending tons of money! =) ^^^

CG since April 5th, 2008!

http://public.fotki.com/SoaringSIren/
    pw: lotsofcurls
    jillipoo wrote: »
    Boy, it really depends on the gel (and the weather, and the position of the stars, and what kind of mischief Britney Spears has gotten into).
  • tmmycattmmycat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 256
    all very good advice! I second the CG suggestion. If you want less frizz then try keep more natural scalp oil in your hair by using gentler washing methods and.or less frequent washing.

For example if you are currently using shampoo -> try conditioner-only and no-silicones

If you are already going conditioner-only -> try less frequent washing, just replace a co-wash with a water wash when you can

my hair used to be huge, puffy, dry, and frizzy. I was washing my hair 2-3x/week with shampoo. Now I am washing it 1x/week with conditioner and washing with water on the other days. Now my hair is smooth, soft, less puffy, and non-frizzy. It feels healthier and needs less products too.
    shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
    currently experimenting with water-only washing
  • cavia1234cavia1234 Registered Users Posts: 19
    I had that problem on the sides of my hair right above my shoulders. They were shorter for some reason and ppl thought I had it cut that way on purpose but it resulted from screwed up thinning but a new person started cutting my hair and ive been letting it grow out so its getting alot better. What I do is when i do my hair while its soaking wet I take each spiral and with a little bit of defining gel I wrap it around my finger to define each curl this way it stays more defined and poofs alot less.
    :happy10: Curl Type ~ 3b
    ~CG~ No combing except for finger combing; No towels; Air dry with occasional diffusing

~Trying to develop new ways of styling hair~

**Essential Products*
    L.A. Looks Cashmere Curls
    Aussie Sun-Touched Shine Gel
    VO5 Co-Wash
    Olive Oil/Conditioner for Deep Conditioning
    Lavender Oil
    African Royale Daily Doctor
    Lustrasilk Moisture Max

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji