Stila Kitten, more of an evening shadow?

internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
It's quite shiny, and I am wondering if it is too shiny for a daytime look.

Comments

• va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    It's probably better suited for evening, but I have worn it in the daytime by toning it down and pairing it with a non-shiny color.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,727Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i wear it during the day as my highlight colour. it's not as frosted as some of my MAC highlight shades like Sweet Lust, it's more like Naked Lunch only creamier.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    va_candi wrote: »
    It's probably better suited for evening, but I have worn it in the daytime by toning it down and pairing it with a non-shiny color.

I agree. Kitten is one of my favorite shades! For evening wear, I use it as a highlighter. For daytime, I pair it with a very neutral, non-shimmery shade, like Puppy. The daytime wear is Kitten on the lower lid, lash line to crease, then Puppy goes in the crease for contour. I think it is a very versatile shade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    aww!! ive had a love affair with kitten since high school! it's not too shimmery at all for daytime! i like to use a bit of stila's toffee when i wear kitten, i put the kitten on the lid and use toffee in the crease. after putting on mascara it gives a nice subtly yet pretty appearance! it is one of those things that you have to use a matte color with, because it is very shimmery. your eyes may look washed out if you dont use something matte to balance the shimmer.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    misspam wrote: »

I agree. Kitten is one of my favorite shades! For evening wear, I use it as a highlighter. For daytime, I pair it with a very neutral, non-shimmery shade, like Puppy. The daytime wear is Kitten on the lower lid, lash line to crease, then Puppy goes in the crease for contour. I think it is a very versatile shade.

hehe misspam beat me to it
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »

hehe misspam beat me to it

Are you stalking me, or are we twins separated at birth? First hair products and now eye shadow! :compress:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are you stalking me, or are we twins separated at birth? First hair products and now eye shadow! :compress:

aww!!! hahaha i think i have a hair AND makeup twin on nc!! now if you tell me you love anthropologie's clothes im coming over to "borrow" some outfits! :wink:
    [/B]
    LOL... Love anthropologie's clothing! Happy hour starts at 4:30, can you make it? :occasion5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    You two are too funny! :lol:

I think I will try it with a matte shadow to tone it down a bit. First time I used it was in the evening when I was just playing around with my makeup, and my first thought was "wow that's shiny!" :D
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    OK, so I have been playing around with it more and it does look nice for day time as well. I adore how it looks on my tear ducts.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,727Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    and it's sooooo creamy, it lasts beautifully all day long when you put it at the inner corners!!!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    wait wait i missed that!!! i get out of work at 6, but ill *cough cough sneeze!* come up with a good excuse to meet you by 4:30 if the offer still stands :iconbiggrin:
    LOL... Love anthropologie's clothing! Happy hour starts at 4:30, can you make it? :occasion5:
    [/B]
    no pictures?! isn't it fab? i looove it. omg! i got urban decay's primer potion WOW!!!!!!! THAT STUFF WORKS SOOOOOO WELL!!!! yeah yeah! get that and use it too if you get the chance
    OK, so I have been playing around with it more and it does look nice for day time as well. I adore how it looks on my tear ducts.
    [/B]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file