Hairspray

wash'nwaviewash'nwavie Posts: 38Registered Users
When I was in college, I gave curly hair a try, but with tons of mousse and hairspray that left me crunchy. Now I'm going mod-CG, washing my scalp daily with Creme of Nature or a mix of suave natuarls and Creme of Nature, and using Biotera Curl Creme and Styling Gel. I'm really happy with my waves right now, but I still feel like I need hairspray. When I decided to go curly again but before I found CG, I bought on Pantene hairspray for curlies. Is that horrible for CG? Do I need hairspray? Is it OK to use hairspray? Can you recommend a cheaper (think WalMart or Sally) brand? Thanks!

Sara

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use hairspray when I really want my hair to hold up all day. I have lazy curls and if I want my curl to stay looking consistent (I work from home so I usually am not that concerned if they go limp by day's end) I use ICE/Joico - Finishing Hair Spray.

I will just do a no sulphate poo the day after I use it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Sebastian Shaper...there's no cones...I think you can get at Sally's ??
    I also like Garnier Fructis' anti-humidity hairspray but found it drying after continued use. So, now, I just use it once or twice a week. It's probably the alcohol in it.

I don't know if the Pantene hairspray is non-CG. Sometimes hairsprays or hairgels from otherwise cone-infested brands are okay. If you want to post the ingredients, we can try to break it down for you.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • wash'nwaviewash'nwavie Posts: 38Registered Users
    Here's the ingredients:
    alcohol denat., water, acrylates copolymer, panthenol, animomethyl, propanol, potassium hydroxide, thiethyl, citrate, peg-12 dimethicone, fragrance.

Thanks!
    Sara
  • latetocurlslatetocurls Posts: 127Registered Users
    Boomygrrl wrote: »
    I don't know if the Pantene hairspray is non-CG. Sometimes hairsprays or hairgels from otherwise cone-infested brands are okay. If you want to post the ingredients, we can try to break it down for you.

"cone-infested" - I love it!:laughing6:
    Laura

Fine, 3A, but a lot of it.

http://public.fotki.com/latetocurls/

PW: Curly
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I should add - the ICE/Joico is CG.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sgs wrote: »
    Here's the ingredients:
    alcohol denat., water, acrylates copolymer, panthenol, animomethyl, propanol, potassium hydroxide, thiethyl, citrate, peg-12 dimethicone, fragrance.

Thanks!
    Sara

Just like with any hairspray, you want to limit it's use, due to the alcohol denat. The only cone in it is Peg-12 dimethicone, which is water soluble...so yes, it's good for a CG routine.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file