Belly dancing.

O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
I've taken up belly dancing in my gym. been doing it for about 5 weeks now. I can really see the inches off my waist. Please try it ladies. at the beginning , it's normal to feel all your muscles cramping , but it really rocks!
And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ooh, that sounds good. If I didn't live in the sticks :sleepy1:, I'd go right out and find one. It's great to know there's something that helps tone a waistline.

(Glad to read that you're getting out and having fun.)
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    ninja dog, if you get FitTV on your cable provider, they have a show called Shimmy. It's on all the freaking time, too, and they do lots of different belly dancing routines. I like it because I can do it at home and no one else can see my jelly belly...LOL!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    Ooh, that sounds good. If I didn't live in the sticks :sleepy1:, I'd go right out and find one. It's great to know there's something that helps tone a waistline.

thanks hun. i try it every now and then
  • CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 541Registered Users Curl Novice
    My yoga studio just started to offer a belly dancing class on the weekends. I didn't sign up for the first class, but they're holding it again next month. I am definitly going for it. It looks amazing!
  • anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Posts: 678Registered Users
    I've taken up belly dancing in my gym. been doing it for about 5 weeks now. I can really see the inches off my waist. Please try it ladies. at the beginning , it's normal to feel all your muscles cramping , but it really rocks!

i actually purchased a bellydancing DVD for $5 at ross. so if you don't have cable or aren't near a studio that offers it, i recommend the DVD. it is truly a great workout. even my fingertips hurt...lol
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    ninja dog, if you get FitTV on your cable provider, they have a show called Shimmy. It's on all the freaking time, too, and they do lots of different belly dancing routines. I like it because I can do it at home and no one else can see my jelly belly...LOL!

how do you get fit tv? according to the site, our cable provides it, but i can't seem to find it.
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    This is the kind of work out I've been wanting to try, but I really can't decide on which program to go with (looking at do it at home DVD programs)! Do you guys have any opinions on some good at home programs? There are just so many it's kind of overwhelming!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Posts: 678Registered Users
    aislin wrote: »
    This is the kind of work out I've been wanting to try, but I really can't decide on which program to go with (looking at do it at home DVD programs)! Do you guys have any opinions on some good at home programs? There are just so many it's kind of overwhelming!

i only have two bellydancing DVDs, and i highly recommend "bellydance boogie". it's available online at naturaljourneys.com. i was there about a week ago and they are having a spring sale...videos for $1.99 to $4.99. shipping costs more than the durn videos!

the tape whipped me into shape in no time. the only downside with at home is if you're not coordinated, it can be hard to follow the exercises and make sure you're executing the moves properly.
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
  • RogueX10RogueX10 Posts: 8Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »

You might check your local library to see if they have belly dancing videos. I took a few personal belly dancing classes, but when I couldn't afford to do it anymore, I started renting belly dance instruction videos from the library. It's FREE (I love that price.) unless you keep it too long lol.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice

how do you get fit tv? according to the site, our cable provides it, but i can't seem to find it.

I guess it depends on what cable package you have. Either that, or look for Gilad...that show must come on that channel a million times a day! If you find him, you've found FitTV! :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Do you have standard or digital? In my area, FitTV is digital IIRC.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    OMG, my dogs would love that! They sit on my chest when I do sit-ups. They'd probably bark and jump up and think we were playing again.
    NYN, good idea! I'm going to try that. Thanks.
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I took belly dancing for awhile and I LOVED it. Not only does it tone the waist, it just makes you feel so confident.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i found that it helps your arms too because you're often holding them out to your sides or up in general.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    took belly dancing for awhile and I LOVED it. Not only does it tone the waist, it just makes you feel so confident.

Right you are!

It just makes me feel like a sexy , seductive woman..
  • LaVidaCurlyLaVidaCurly Posts: 58Registered Users
    I belly danced while I was pregnant. The baby loves Egyptian music and dancing with me! In fact, we have a performance in December so I should be pretty fit by then? I have a class that will be two and half hours of straight belly dancing. Although, I already lost all the baby weight. But, I need to tone it up a bit. Pregnancy can make you flabby around the middle!:tongue5:
  • QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Posts: 569Registered Users
    I did it about one day a week at my college, but I couldn't do more because of my schedule. I loved it and I'm so sad they stopped doing it after that semester. Maybe I'll try a few videos...
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/

• LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    the tape whipped me into shape in no time. the only downside with at home is if you're not coordinated, it can be hard to follow the exercises and make sure you're executing the moves properly.

I've always wanted to try a bellydancing class, but the above is what scares me. I don't pick up dance moves all that quickly and don't have a lot of natural 'rhythm' --- I'm afraid I'd look like an uncoordinated spaz!

Ok, as soon as I typed thatq I realize how ridiculous that sounded. I need to stop worrying about what others think and :nike: !!

Thanx for the inspiration bellydancing ladies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file