Anyone Use Carols Daughters products?

rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
Got some samples from Sephora and was looking for some guidance before I indulge.

I got the Healthy Hair Butter, Healthy Hair Milk and Tui hair oil.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• dalitwildalitwil Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had come across that line a month or so ago, but after doing a little research found some hazy info about a lot of scandal going on.

I'm not too sure what it was all about, I think something about really bad/crappy ingredients being thrown in to supplement the mass production ?

Whatever it was, it was enough to sway me away from trying that line.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    i like the healthy hair butter and mimosa. it actually works better on straight hair though, if you can believe it. cd definitely isn't a staple for me. her other stuff is FULL of chemicals!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I started using the hair milk last week. I really like it. Didn't realize it's like a curl creme, I used it as a leave in on my dry canopy/crown--and it's been great. I was at Sephora trying out the products yesterday(but I don't think the same one since I live in PA, LOL)--didn't know you could get samples. I did try a little of the Mimosa Hair Honey and the Healthy Hair butter. I put them on dry hair--which is not good. It was so humid here, my hair was really frizzy. I think the healthy hair butter would be good for scrunching crunch or using in other ways. They only had the open sample jars and no product to sell or I would have bought some. While it's greasy, I think it would coat your hands a little and soak in. The Jane Carter N & S left my hair a mess. I used one of the oil leave ins this morning with the hair milk over it--it wasn't as moisturizing. I used the hair milk today as a curl creme and it was good.

My hair likes the heavier products that are supposed to be for the stronger curl patterns. These products may be good for your hair. I'll be interested in hearing how you do with them.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JipJip Posts: 90Registered Users
    I dried my (4a) hair out and left it greasy.
    Classic Type 4A
    Coarse Texture
    Cone, Aloe, and Glycerin Sensitive
    Recovering Product Junkie

PRE SHAMPOO TREATMENT– Coconut Oil + Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner
    SHAMPOO – Sof’nFree GroHealthy Nothing But Clarifying Shampoo (Monthly)
    CONDITIONER – Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner CoWash
    LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER – Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Shea Butter Leave-in (Curly to Kinky)
    SEALANT– Homemade Natural Butter Mix
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Posts: 827Registered Users
    I have been using the Hair Milk for 2 years now. Its the one thing that I find I can't live without. I defines my curls and moisturizes. I find that it works best on dry hair.
    I also use the Mimosa Hair Honey. Its a good alternative to old fashioned hair grease, LOL.
    I hope it works for you too.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
    i have to go to the mall after work, i *may* get the hair smoothie, just to try it. if sephora carries it and i dont like it, ill just return it!

gawd help me, aveda is across from sephora, im going to try to run past there!!
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • kerlydookerlydoo Posts: 253Registered Users
    I found it to heavy for my hair. It made it look greasy and that suprised me because my hair is soooo dry. Then again it could have been operator error.

It smells absolutely yummy though.
    3a/3b, m/iii, color treated, parched
  • greengirlgreengirl Posts: 37Registered Users
    I have tried both the Hair Milk and the Healthy Hair Butter (separately) and think they are both pretty gross and greasy. The Hair Milk has a strong not so pleasant scent. Both left my hair greasy and oily. I've tried them several times try to be hopeful. I've never felt that negative about any hair products ever and since. Two thumbs down from me.
    Yummy 3b w/some 3a & 3c here and there!

Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo (2x a month), Giovanni 50/50 Conditioner (only after a poo), Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut (for co-washes), Aubrey Organics Island Naturals, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Biotera Gel, Biolage Gel
    i went to sephora yesterday and played with the products (even taught another curly about some products they sold lol) and i put the hair milk and balm on one piece of hair...eh not that impressed BUT my hair smells sort of barfy now!! thank goodness sunday is my wash day.

i got the darn tui smoothie too. if i hate it, im returning it.
    [/B]
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    empressri wrote: »
    i went to sephora yesterday and played with the products (even taught another curly about some products they sold lol) and i put the hair milk and balm on one piece of hair...eh not that impressed BUT my hair smells sort of barfy now!! thank goodness sunday is my wash day.

i got the darn tui smoothie too. if i hate it, im returning it.
    The Sephora in Chestnut Hill doesn't carry CD last time I checked. I might check out the one in Natick for samples.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file