PJ Rehab

va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
I was just feeling a little frustrated this weekend because I'm not even a month out from my BC, and already I've self-imposed a product junkie rehab. I keep trying product after product, brand after brand, combo after combo, hoping that one day I'll have a winner. It's not that I don't like the products I'm using. It's just that I haven't found a product, brand, or combination yet that I was crazy about. As my mother would say, I've had nothing to write home about so far. I even have an MS Excel spreadsheet with every type of product possible (ex.: pre-poo treatment, leave-in, moisturizer) and each day I record the names of the products I used along with my results. I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much at this point, but I feel like I don't quite have a routine down yet and I'm just wandering aimlessly through the jungle that is curly hair care. Is anyone else who recently BCed/has BCed experiencing this or has experienced this same confusion?

Comments

• CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Posts: 758Registered Users
    :hello1:
    Nice to meet you.
    I'm currently trying a bunch of different products and so far, haven't found IT yet.
    I can't say I have a spreadsheet...... yet. :)

Help me: what does BC stand for?

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    Thanks for the welcome! BC stands for big chop. Basically, I transitioned from having chemically treated hair to all natural hair by avoiding relaxers for several months and then cutting off all the relaxed ends which was probably 8 inches of hair (BC).
    Nice to meet you.
    I'm currently trying a bunch of different products and so far, haven't found IT yet.

• CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Posts: 758Registered Users
    BC = Big Chop. Got it.

8 inches is a lot of hair!
    Hope you love your newly
    virgin-ized hair. :)

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    va_candi wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome! BC stands for big chop. Basically, I transitioned from having chemically treated hair to all natural hair by avoiding relaxers for several months and then cutting off all the relaxed ends which was probably 8 inches of hair (BC).
    Nice to meet you.

Hey and welcome. I'm back to natural for 6 weeks, 3 weeks cg, also transitioning from a TR (13 months was the last one). I got what for me was a major cut last week, but that was only 3 inches.

I am totally immersed in product research too; buy try, sometimes cry. I actually like when stuff doesn't work out cause theres SO MUCH to try and i'm glad to be able to eliminate!! But it is so time consuming....

I am slowly finding products that work for me; dont get discouraged. Even with my minimal cut my hair has changed - now I dont know if some products I HATED 3 weeks ago would be right for me now.... Its a process....

Get used to the cut, you did a cool thing that will bring you that much closer to your goal. Keep testing products (maybe your hairtype is different now that its shorter??) Try the transition board for support as well!

Good luck!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    CurlyOver40! - I do love it! I can't keep my fingers out of it. I have to focus and try not to touch.

rudeechick - Thanks for the words of wisdom. You're right about the sometimes crying part. In a way, it's kinda fun, too. It's like a guessing game...wonder how my hair will respond today!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file