Vitamin Trouble. Any help?

mzimelmzimel Registered Users Posts: 9
Hello all. I've been taking the 5mg Biotin Pills (from Vitamin Shoppe) for the past 2 months (once a day - now almost done with my 1st bottle) and I don't think I notice any difference in hair growth. This is pretty dissapointing consdering the luck I hear many people have had with it. However, I have heard that your supposed to stick with it past the first bottle to see any results.

Recently, though, I've heard about the GNC NourishHair brand and was wondering if it really works all that well/better than the biotin I've been taking?

So, should I stick with it? Try the NourishHair? Something completely different? Any recomendations and help would be appreciated.

PS: I'm a male so I'd have to take the NourishHair for Men which is slightly different, but hopefully not enough to lessen its results.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Also, I have found this Skin Hair and Nails Formula on Puritan which seems exactly like NourishHair but better - but for cheaper. Think its better?

Puritan: Skin Hair and Nails

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=A88E6663688948A8977F1F8090BD81D7&PID=657&CID=59&CPID=1164&rlid=

GNC: NourishHair (for men)

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133781&cp=&sr=1&origkw=Hair&kw=hair&parentPage=search

Comments

• amaraliceamaralice Registered Users Posts: 302
    I've heard that you also need to take a multivitamin with the biotin for maximum effect. Maybe that would help.
    Lakshmi's Cupboard
    http://LakshmsCupboard.com

If I use it, I sell it!

4A. Hair goal chin level while curly - achieved Oct 2010!
    Next Goal: Shoulder length - Achieved Summer 2012!
    New Goal: Bra Strap Level
    Routine
    DT: Amla Silk Deep Therapy Restorative Masque , rhassoul clay
    Leave-in: Amla Lavender Chamomile Leave-In Hair Cream,, Amla and Honey Detangling Conditioner, Bhaasvataa Oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • va_candiva_candi Registered Users Posts: 849
    amaralice wrote: »
    I've heard that you also need to take a multivitamin with the biotin for maximum effect. Maybe that would help.

I've heard that as well. A friend of mine had success with Biotin + a multivitamin.
  • rociobutterflyrociobutterfly Registered Users Posts: 57
    ITA with the other posters, biotin needs other B vitamins to work. That Puritans Pride supplement looks really good. Also, I just started taking MSM about a month ago, and have noticed significant results. I take 3g of MSM along with my multivitamin. I cut my bangs the day after I started MSM. My bangs were at the end of my nose and I cut them under my eyes. TWO weeks to the day later I straightened my hair out and my bangs were back to the end of my nose!:blob7: I take a lot of supplements, but I have never experienced this so it must be the MSM.
    HTH!

• curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    ITA with all of the above.

I've been taking the following daily since March:
    5mg of Biotin
    Multi (Life Force Multi from Vitamin Shoppe)
    1000-2000mg of MSM

My hair has never grown this fast...my nails are stronger and my skin is happy.

Don't give up on biotin just yet :)
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Registered Users Posts: 457

5mg of Biotin
    1000-2000mg of MSM

Don't give up on biotin just yet

i like your idea, and i'll probly try it out for myself. time for a trip to my local GNC!
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Registered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    curlynikki wrote: »

5mg of Biotin
    1000-2000mg of MSM

Don't give up on biotin just yet :)
    I just started doing almost the same about a week ago, so I'm thrilled at your results! I take 5mg once/sometimes 2x daily and 2000 of the MSM. I've been taking these vitamins for quite awhile now (love 'em), and they have other things that should help, too... http://www.purityproducts.com/product1.asp?sku=186&dept_id=29 ...here's to hoping it all works!
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    I think you'll be pleased as well! My hair has been growing like a weed and I have baby hairs growing in all over!!! I'm hoping it'll get really thick :D
  • jennifermariajennifermaria Registered Users Posts: 179 Curl Novice
    What's MSM?
    2c wavy, medium porosity, medium density, coarse

Current go-to products: AIA co-wash, Mop-Top Bamboo Conditioner, AIA Leave-In, Uncle Funky’s Daughter Curly Magic, LALSG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file