Curlisto Control Gel I or II???

larularu Posts: 119Registered Users
Hey all! I'm needing some opinions here.

I'm wanting to order some Curlisto products, due to positive reviews I've seen. However, I'm having a diffucult time deciding between the Control Gel I and II. Being a 3a, I'm thinking that the Control I might be better, however, I've read that it doesn't provide enough hold for some people. I live in a high-humidity area, and my hair is more on the coarse and thick side (which makes it more style resistant), so maybe the II get would be more suitable? I'm confused!!! If any of you have experience with these gels, please help out a fellow curly?

Please and thanks!
3a/b, auburn haired, BIG, coarse and frizz prone. :toothy10:

My hair hates:
Curl Keeper
Anything with lots of protein
AOHR

Things that work:
Aveda Flaxseed and Aloe Gel
Aveda Phomollient
BRHG!
Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Condish
KCCC and KCKT (Found my HG combo!)
DevaCurl Angell
LOOB
L'Oreal Melting Gel

Password: rizos

http://public.fotki.com/titiancurl/

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    Hello Laru,
    I bought one of naturallycurly's curly cocktails for 3a, and it had Curlisto products in it. The gel was the control 1. I thought it had good to strong hold for my hair.

From other posts you wrote, I believe we have similar hair type.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a 2c, and don't get enough hold when I use Structura alone (I mix it with Angell).

Hope that helps.
  • larularu Posts: 119Registered Users
    Sounds good! I've been eyeing the 3a Curly Cocktail. What's your opinion on it? Is it worth the dough?
    3a/b, auburn haired, BIG, coarse and frizz prone. :toothy10:

My hair hates:
    Curl Keeper
    Anything with lots of protein
    AOHR

Things that work:
    Aveda Flaxseed and Aloe Gel
    Aveda Phomollient
    BRHG!
    Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Condish
    KCCC and KCKT (Found my HG combo!)
    DevaCurl Angell
    LOOB
    L'Oreal Melting Gel

Password: rizos

http://public.fotki.com/titiancurl/
    Well....everyone is different, but I wasn't thrilled with the mixture of products. For whatever reason, they didn't do much for my hair no matter what I did with mixing and matching products.
    I ended up giving the Curlisto products away to a friend whose daughter has 3c/4a hair. I didn't like the scent of the Curlisto gel, nor the feel of it in my hair. I liked the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Structura-Lotion-p-115.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlisto-structura-lotion]Structura lotion[/buylink], but find the CK works similarly.

If I were going to buy something again, I would be temped by the curly cocktails for 3b rather than the 3a. The products in those tend to work better in my hair, even though I am not 3b. I like the look of the products in the Pina Curlada.
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

• amaraliceamaralice Posts: 302Registered Users
    I bought the curlisto set w/ control 2 gel. I'm pretty happy w/ it. It's cut down on my morning hair prep by a lot (wasn't using a daily gel before). The 2 gel is pretty well formed - the structura is more watery - haven't seen the 1 gel.
    Lakshmi's Cupboard
    http://LakshmsCupboard.com

If I use it, I sell it!

4A. Hair goal chin level while curly - achieved Oct 2010!
    Next Goal: Shoulder length - Achieved Summer 2012!
    New Goal: Bra Strap Level
    Routine
    DT: Amla Silk Deep Therapy Restorative Masque , rhassoul clay
    Leave-in: Amla Lavender Chamomile Leave-In Hair Cream,, Amla and Honey Detangling Conditioner, Bhaasvataa Oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the Strutura Lotion and Gel II. I had a hard time getting these products to work for me. I initially followed the directions on the Curlisto website and on the bottles themselves and was very frustrated. I don't like mixing products before applying. For me, layering works a lot better.
    After a leave-in, I apply the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Structura-Lotion-p-115.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlisto-structura-lotion]Structura Lotion[/buylink] the same way I would CK. I distribute it evenly and comb it through. I then scrunch in the Gel II, plop, and then scrunch in a bit more Gel II.
    It works okay, but there are a lot of other products out there that I get better results with that aren't as expensive.
    HTH

I had to edit this when I pulled out the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Structura-Lotion-p-115.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlisto-structura-lotion]Structura Lotion[/buylink] recently and had a lot of success with it. I used the Lotion the same way I would use CK or RR .. to encourage the curls and prevent frizz. I layered it after a leave-in and before gel.
    It worked really well. When I tried the Curlisto products before, it was in the Fall. With the weather being so humid here, I started trying different things. I was impressed with the way they held up.
    Sorry for any confusion !!!
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    Like FrizzBeGone, mixing the products before applying them did not work for me. I ended up layering them.

I had better luck with CK than with Structura.
    CG since '08.

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Like FrizzBeGone, mixing the products before applying them did not work for me. I ended up layering them.

I had better luck with CK than with Structura.
    I found that CK worked just as well and is much cheaper. HOWEVER, unfortunately, I can't use CK very often or I get itchy ... the glycerin in it causes me grief.
    If you are able to use CK, I'd save your money and use it ... but if polyquats aren't an issue for you and CK doesn't work ... the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curlisto-Structura-Lotion-p-115.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlisto-structura-lotion]Structura Lotion[/buylink] may be a good alternative for you.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • amaraliceamaralice Posts: 302Registered Users
    Have to update as well. Have had products for about 5 weeks now. I live in very high humidity and the structura spray is perfect. :toothy7: I spray in the morning after styling and my hair really holds all day. It may do more for my hair than the gel, I'll see. I had been forgetting to use it and I would just use my daily moisturizer and boy what a difference. My hair would lose all definition. Now I carry the spray in my bag in case I need a touch up or something (usually don't) but it has led to less retwisting btwn hair co-washing.
    Lakshmi's Cupboard
    http://LakshmsCupboard.com

If I use it, I sell it!

4A. Hair goal chin level while curly - achieved Oct 2010!
    Next Goal: Shoulder length - Achieved Summer 2012!
    New Goal: Bra Strap Level
    Routine
    DT: Amla Silk Deep Therapy Restorative Masque , rhassoul clay
    Leave-in: Amla Lavender Chamomile Leave-In Hair Cream,, Amla and Honey Detangling Conditioner, Bhaasvataa Oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file