Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture

Mo_Gemini22Mo_Gemini22 Posts: 485Registered Users
Has anyone tried the shampoo and/or conditioner?

Thanks!
Last relaxer - July 07
BC - 8/2/08
4B headband-holic
Products in rotation (too many!):
Shampoo - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Giovanni Tea Tree
Condish - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Trader Joe Nourish Spa
Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I've used the conditioner -- it's wonderful -- it's light but moisturizes well for me (3b/fine/lots of hair). It doesn't weigh my hair down, gives me great curl definition and has great slip. The smell is very light, grapefruit. :)

I haven't used the matching shampoo though.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I use this as well and I agree, it is great, my hair is fine but I have lots of it even though it is short. I use this conditioner and it does not weigh my hair down, nor pull out the curl.

AHA thank you Hockeymom...I had been trying to place the smell of the conditioner since I bought it! I thought for a minute it smelled like lemon custard, but grapefruit makes more sense! Thank you, that was driving me nuts! ;)
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I use this as well and I agree, it is great, my hair is fine but I have lots of it even though it is short. I use this conditioner and it does not weigh my hair down, nor pull out the curl.

AHA thank you Hockeymom...I had been trying to place the smell of the conditioner since I bought it! I thought for a minute it smelled like lemon custard, but grapefruit makes more sense! Thank you, that was driving me nuts! ;)

Anytime! That is too funny, I do the same thing, I drive myself crazy trying to place a scent!! :)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator

Anytime! That is too funny, I do the same thing, I drive myself crazy trying to place a scent!! :)

lol glad to hear I am not the only one who does this! :)
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Posts: 827Registered Users
    I just tried the Shampoo & Conditioner. The shampoo was worse than any sulfate. It left my hair feeling stripped and VERY tangled. It didn't even feel like my hair. Usually conditioner will bring the life back to my hair but this was not the case. I'm going to see if I can get my money back. I can't take that experience again.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • msjananimsjanani Posts: 624Registered Users
    I use and like the conditioner. I had been using AOHR, but ran out and instead of getting another bottle, although it worked great, I decided to try something new. The Giovanni Smooth as Silk is very nice--light enough not to weigh my curls down, but rich enough to feel creamy and soak into my hair. I don't need to use a lot either, which is nice. I think it may become a summer staple.
    3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
    Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
    Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
    Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theevolutionofcurl/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file