Stretch marks with 2 (or more) children

sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
Those of you who have more than one child, and got stretch marks, did you get more of them with the 2nd pregnancy?

I was hoping I wouldn't, but alas, they are multiplying. With my first pregnancy, I developed them mostly on my lower tummy, below my belly button. Now, I'm getting some new ones up high. :sad8:

I'm actually not bothered much by stretch marks, it's the looser skin that takes forever to tighten up that really bugs me.
ehLB.jpg

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I only got them with my first. But BOY did I get them!
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I only got them with my first. But BOY did I get them!

This.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I got stretch marks with my first baby, and with my subsequent 3 pregnancies, I didn't get any more. The old marks just re-stretched. I was really lucky that I only got them below the belly button, rather than higher up. Now, 8 years since my last baby, they've all faded to silver and don't bother me. The 3 c-sec scars bother me much more than the stretch marks.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, did I. With the first, I carried all around and got strechmarks on my hips and lower belly. With #2 I carried straight out front which gave me more stretchmarks above my belly button. With #3 I got stretchmarks on my thighs, front and a bit on the saddlebags. They're all lighter than my skin now, except the ones on my hips will get red every once in a while.
    I'm sorry I can't give you more hope.

RCW, wow, 3 different c-section scars?! The doctors just recut the original scar and took off the scar tissue of the previous surgery. The first scar was really ugly and I was so happy to get rid of it; it resembled a red worm. The second, then third, are just a slim silver line and blend in perfectly with my stretchmarks (because it's vertical). The only way one could tell it's a scar is by touch since it's thick under the surface. I was told by a nurse with #2 that I was lucky to have the first scar as the o.b.'s I had with #2 and 3 usually cut all the way from the belly button down to the pubic bone. My first o.b. started the cut about 2" below the belly button and they followed that one and didn't expand it. yay me.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • imagenimagen Posts: 343Registered Users
    Since I was so small before my first pregnancy I got stretch marks on my butt, outer thighs and very low on my abdomen. They faded fast and you could barely see them. When I got pregnant with my daughter I didn't have any new ones going into my third trimester and I thought I had maybe gotten lucky, but in my last 3 weeks some of my old stretch marks got bigger and I got some on my hips which I didn't get the first time. They faded fast too. Like you the stretch marks aren't the problem so much as the squishy skin around my middle now.
    .png

.png
    RCW, wow, 3 different c-section scars?!

First c-sec was an emergency, so they cut vertical because that's the fastest way in. I have a scar from belly button to pubic bone, which now looks like I have an ass on my front. The second was low transverse, and with the third, the doc said he was going to re-use the scar from the second one, but the idiot must have "missed", because it's an inch lower. So, I have an underlined-upside-down-T on my belly. I hate the scars and want to get a tummy-tuck so I can have them all cut off.
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users

First c-sec was an emergency, so they cut vertical because that's the fastest way in. I have a scar from belly button to pubic bone, which now looks like I have an ass on my front. The second was low transverse, and with the third, the doc said he was going to re-use the scar from the second one, but the idiot must have "missed", because it's an inch lower. So, I have an underlined-upside-down-T on my belly. I hate the scars and want to get a tummy-tuck so I can have them all cut off.

If you get a reality show then maybe a plastic surgeon will watch and donate you one! It happened to Kate Gosselin :)
    Riot Crrl wrote: »

If you get a reality show then maybe a plastic surgeon will watch and donate you one! It happened to Kate Gosselin :)

Somehow I don't think anyone is going to be interested in watching me on TV.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Dang, that sucks. I hear you on the butt in the front look. That's what I have, too, especially when I weighed more.
    Yeah, I had the vertical, too, for the emergency aspect. I'm glad they at least reused the same spot on me.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file