Agh, powder?

RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
I discovered today that my powder no longer matches my skintone.
Despite the fact that it is summer, I think I somehow became paler.

Right now I have the lightest shade Clinique offers and it makes me look rather orange. Not very attractive..

I've heard a lot about Meow Cosmetics [or something to that effect...], that they have a very wide range of skintone choices. Anyone want to give me an idea what skintone I would be considered? I'm awful with such things, I'm not make-up savvy.
I know I have a lot of pink undertones, actually they're more overtones. :laughing7:

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Meowcosmetics.com has a forum. Post a close-up picture of yours face and neck (taken in full daylight without makeup on), and you'll get suggestions of what colors to try. Then try some samples.
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Thank you. =]
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a pale girl and have found that surprisingly, Cover Girl has the palest foundations. I never really found a Clinique foundation that matched. I was too pale.

Um...another more expensive (but totally worth it) alternative is MAC. They have a very broad spectrum of shades and the upside is the makeup artists will match the shade for you. I think MAC is a very worthwhile investment.

Did covergirl irritate your skin? I have bad luck with drugstore powders, I have very sensitive skin. I know after I came home from the MAC counter a few years ago it felt like I'd gotten a horrible sunburn.

If my face would clear up, I wouldn't even need to bother with this.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I recently went through this with my mineral powder foundation. I find that getting samples from a line in several different shades is very helpful. I need to try a color with different colored clothes, see myself in different lights, on different days... before I know I found the right foundation color. Trying a shade once never cuts it for me.

I have worn Jane Iredale for years and love it. Recently had eye surgery and realized I looked really pale with the color I was using, so I got JI samples and changed shades in both the pressed and loose powders.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Annarie101 wrote: »
    Did covergirl irritate your skin? I have bad luck with drugstore powders, I have very sensitive skin. I know after I came home from the MAC counter a few years ago it felt like I'd gotten a horrible sunburn.

If my face would clear up, I wouldn't even need to bother with this.

Cover Girl did not irritate my skin, but I don't have extremely sensitive skin. I do use mineral makeup and had really good luck with Aromaleigh Cosmetics. You can purchase samples for like $2 a bag and the bags have quite a bit of powder in them.

I really really like the Aromaleigh. I'm just using Mary Kay because my sister placed an order. I like the Aromaleigh better. And it is made for extremely sensitive skin.

I'll have to look into both of those. Thank you. =]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file