Silk 'n curl

a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Posts: 673Registered Users
Has anyone tried this? It keeps calling to me from the CVS shelf, and it looks CG (but I am not the best at reading ingredients). I should probably stay away since I have gotten suspicious of humectants lately, but something about that hot pink bottle and the way it says both cream and gel is very enticing to me. Can someone that's tried tell me what it's like or how it worked for them?
sns_SilknCurl_curl_activating_creme_gel_350.jpg
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Oleth-20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance Parfum, Ext. Violet 2 CI 60730
botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
-Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
-Giovanni Direct Leave-In
-FOTE aloe vera gel

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't see cones but beware of the protein and glycerin. People's hair react differently to those two ingredients.
    If you do end up getting it, please please please post results.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hyaluronic Acid - I'm impressed. It's worth a try but be careful of the wheat protein and glycerin. They are not necessarily bad at all but sometimes too much of them is not good.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Posts: 673Registered Users
    I am trying to hold off the PJ for now, at least until June. Also, I think my hair likes protein, but I am torn about the glycerin, some products seem to work well but others don't. I might try to look in the bottle to see if it is more like a cream or a gel. If it is too gel like, it will stay on the shelf. If I end breaking down and trying it, I will repost with results.
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • LeeLee182LeeLee182 Posts: 784Registered Users
    I don't think i've ever seen this product, now i'm going to have to find it. It looks appealing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
    I just got back from a quick run out to CVS (I work less than a block from one, which is not good for the cheapo PJ in me!). I seriously unscrewed the top of the bottle in CVS to look and smell inside. It looked like a pearlescent thick cream and smelled ok, kind of perfumey, but not too bad. I am dying to try it.

There was only one bottle on the shelf so someone else in Charlottesville is using it. I just wish I knew if they were liking it. I used to use Sleek 'n Shine's glossing products when I straightened (cone city, but they made hair SHINY), so I'd love to try this too, especially since it is under $5. We'll see how much longer I hold out, but if someone reports that they have used and loved this product, it might just break me.
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    What are the hold ingredients? It doesn't look like this would have much hold at all. Looks interesting, but I know it wouldn't work for me with glycerine being being all the way up in 2nd place on the ingredient list.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yep, those are my two main concerns--not enough hold and too much glycerin. My hair likes Biotera Curl Creme, which has a good bit of glycerin, but not second ingredient. I am not good at reading ingredient lists at all, but I couldn't figure out the hold agent either.

I think I have finally talked myself out of this one, maybe, I think...
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since it has glycerin, it might make for a good winter curl cream. So if your PJ can hold off that long and you remember by then, it could be an early Christmas gift to you from you. :-)
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    I have this in my hair right now. It's air drying. Will report in approximately 3 hours (sigh!)
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    90% dry
    Good curl, good clumping, excellent frizz control (but I also didn't move much...so hard to compare to a morning routine), not much hold at all. I used a little bit of Garnier Fructis spray gel just now and the two seem to work well together.

Verdict: definitely adding this one to the product rotation. Potential for it to become a favorite.
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I keep seeing it and next time I am buying it! It's all your fault franfaircloth!!! It's only $2.99 so even if it does not work - it's not like the MOP C that is sitting collecting dust in my cupboard!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    I can't believe I convinced others to try this--newcurly, are you still liking it? How does it compare to Biotera Curl Creme?

xcptnl--did you ever try it? I might buy it next week if the Mop-C sample I have on the way doesn't work out.
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -FOTE aloe vera gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file