Any Southern Ohio curlies?

alisonalison Posts: 13Registered Users
I live in southern Ohio and just wonder if there are any others on the site from this area???

Comments

• coxplus2coxplus2 Posts: 181Registered Users
    I'm not from Ohio, but live just across the border in Indiana. About an hour from Cincinnati.
    Somewhere between a 2c & 3a
    Liking:
    -Suave Naturals or VO5 (co-wash)
    -GVP Conditioning Balm (conditioner)
    -L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss (conditioner)
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in or GVP Conditioning Balm as leave-in
    -Flax seed gel (my favorite right now)
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    I have bangs now, and I love 'em!
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 279Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am in Dayton.
  • kellbell224kellbell224 Posts: 6Registered Users
    I'm from Dayton too!!
  • jcejce Posts: 512Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a little north of Cincinnati. Alison, are you southeastern or southwestern Ohio?
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    I live in downtown Cincinnati. There are a couple of others that are in Cincy as well, Lauraloo goes to school here (but is away in the summer I think), LovemyLocs is in the area and Realistic lives here also.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • kmhsoccerkmhsoccer Posts: 18Registered Users
    I'm from Trenton, OH (an extremely small town that probably no one has ever heard of!) but I am about 20 minutes from Hamilton, Middletown, and Dayton. We're kinda stuck in the middle of it all!! haha
    3a/b

CG since 6/6/08

http://public.fotki.com/kmhsoccer/
    pw: soccer

Currently using:
    Suave Naturals Coconut with a little bit of Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin mixed in
    CK
    Biotera Curl Creme
    Suave Mega Hold Gel, Biotera Gel, LA looks
    kmhsoccer wrote: »
    I'm from Trenton, OH (an extremely small town that probably no one has ever heard of!) but I am about 20 minutes from Hamilton, Middletown, and Dayton. We're kinda stuck in the middle of it all!! haha

I've heard of Trenton! We live about 15 min. from Oxford, Ohio in a tiny town called Liberty. I shop at Hamilton all the time (I love the Target they have, and there's an Ulta a couple doors down).
    Liking:
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    coxplus2 wrote: »
    kmhsoccer wrote: »

I've heard of Trenton! We live about 15 min. from Oxford, Ohio in a tiny town called Liberty. I shop at Hamilton all the time (I love the Target they have, and there's an Ulta a couple doors down).

That's amazing that you've actually heard of Trenton! :-) I love the Target at Bridgewater Falls as well and the fact that there is an Ulta not too far just makes it all the better!! Although, the last time I went into Ulta, my mom and I got terrible customer service. We were literally standing at the Bare Escentuals counter waiting for someone to answer some questions swe had and the lady looked us straight in the eye and turned right back around and started talking to another co-worker! Didn't even greet us or say that she would be right with us. Having worked in retail for 6 years, I got really upset and made my mom leave the store with me! haha
    Which is too bad for them because my mom wanted to buy us both the starter kit of the makeup, so they lost a $150 sale!
    3a/b

CG since 6/6/08

Currently using:
    Suave Naturals Coconut with a little bit of Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin mixed in
    CK
    Biotera Curl Creme
  • jcejce Posts: 512Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've heard of Trenton! And I shop at Bridgewater Falls too! I'm less than 30 minutes from there.

I've gotten bad service at Ulta as well. I don't know what's up with some of those sales associates - they just sort of look down their noses at me. OK, so I'm not carrying a Louis Vitton bag and am struggling to get a non-designer stroller in the door as they stand 5 feet away doing nothing and don't even bother to get the door. But that doesn't mean I don't have money to spend!

Do the two of you that shop at Bridgewater Falls ever venture over into Fairfield to the Jungle Jim's store? I love that place! Food from all over the world, the best produce in the area, and fun attractions for the kids. Their bathrooms were also voted the America's Best Restroom - not big on amenities, but interesting looking and definitely clean.
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

jce wrote: »
    Do the two of you that shop at Bridgewater Falls ever venture over into Fairfield to the Jungle Jim's store? I love that place! Food from all over the world, the best produce in the area, and fun attractions for the kids. Their bathrooms were also voted the America's Best Restroom - not big on amenities, but interesting looking and definitely clean.

My hubby LOVES Jungle Jim's. He especially loves their selection of beer. They have a lot he can't find around here. Funny you mentioned the bathrooms. The first time we went, I honestly thought it was a port-a-pot & just started laughing my head off when I went in. Too funny!
    Liking:
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
  • March HareMarch Hare Posts: 104Registered Users
    Yes, when jce goes out to JJ's in search of food items she frequently calls me for reference (I'm her DH and the household chef...:laughing6:) if I'm not shopping with her. For the past 4 Christmases I've emailed Scott Severs, who I believe is head of Jungle Jim's meat department and ordered a dry-aged standing rib roast. It's pricey, but sooooo good roasted with Penzey's English Prime Rib rub.
    I love taking out-of-town guests to Jungle Jims. Nothing quite like it. It's one thing that keeps me anchored to Cincinnati!
    It was the best butter, you know.:albino:
    I just went to Jungle Jims today! Hadn't been there in a while and the friend I was with had never been in there so I made her go in with me. She couldn't believe that one store could carry so many different kinds of food! We spent a few hours in there just looking at all the different stuff. I also picked up some yummy ingredients that you can't get at Krogers or Wal-mart.
    3a/b

CG since 6/6/08

Currently using:
    CK
    Biotera Curl Creme
  • peachbellini7peachbellini7 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Hello, I am new to NC!

I live in Cincy...and I know where Trenton is too! I went to Miami University, so I am very familiar with the Oxford area, Hamilton, etc.

How is everyone doing?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file