CurlTalk

I'm Tempted To Try These

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
Even though it didn't work out when I was transitioning. I used to use redken smooth down and the butter treat when I was relaxed. During transitioning, these products didn't work and I wonder if it'll work now that I'm natural.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• knhardeknharde Posts: 100Registered Users
    I would say probably not, only cause I used the butter treat while my hair was natural & I didnt like it. I'm also sure they are loaded w/ silicone...
    4a/b, a little 3c at the crown; current faves: Anita Grant, Qhemet, Oyin...natural since 2000...(currently 15 inches)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    my hair hates redken products
  • pizazzpizazz Posts: 239Registered Users
    I just started using Smooth Down Butter Treat and so far I like it, cuz it's rich for the winter and you don't need a lot(I also like Solid Water).

The only cone in it is amodimethicone-the water-soluble one.

You never know it might work on your natural hair. I tried QP Elasta Mango butter several times while transitioning and it dried out my hair an awful matted mess. Now it makes my curls/coils feel like silk. I don't understand, but I almost tossed it until one night when I was desperate!
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Pizazz, that's so interesting about the elasta qp, because my hair was also super dry and I really wanted it to work out of me because it seemed like a lot of people loved it. I wonder if I should try it again.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."