CurlTalk

Styles You Would Like To Master

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
Are there any styles you do that doesn't come out right no matter how much you try? I can't do a proper twist-out or pincurls. Pincurls worked like a charm when I was transitioning and now it doesn't look right. :x
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• knhardeknharde Posts: 100Registered Users
    I'd like to master the twist-out too, as I've never learned how to do it :cry: I also don't know how to braid properly, so I usually do curly wash n' go's, pull my hair back in a ponytail (when I need to look "professional") or wear it in an afro style. Those are my 3 options right now.
    4a/b, a little 3c at the crown; current faves: Anita Grant, Qhemet, Oyin...natural since 2000...(currently 15 inches)
  • blaqpearlblaqpearl Posts: 310Registered Users
    I would love to master doing twists and twist outs. I would also like to cornrow. I know how to cornrow but i cant do it to myself.
    I have kinks, coils and curls on this head.
    Certified PJ. I need rehab.
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07
  • lalapixielalapixie Posts: 242Registered Users
    what problems are you guys having with twists and twistouts i do pretty good ones and would love to help???

by the way msjoker love the billie holiday pick i'm getting a vintage poster with that pic for my bedroom... i'm copying the flower and hoop earring look at the moment but with a big afro and big hoops with charms dangling from them i was shopping around the east village recently and a sweet old man shouted "billie holiday" at me from his balcony made me feel so beautiful!!!
    violently happy
  • CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    I would like to learn/master cornrows and flat twists (single and/or two strand). I could do a bunch more with my hair if I knew these two styles.
    Natural pics: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpicturetrail.com%2Fshelacious" class="Popup
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
    on both nappturality.com and longhaircareforum.com there are very detailed instructions of how to flat twist and cornrow do a search and lots of instructions will appear
    violently happy
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    lalapixie wrote:
    what problems are you guys having with twists and twistouts i do pretty good ones and would love to help???

by the way msjoker love the billie holiday pick i'm getting a vintage poster with that pic for my bedroom... i'm copying the flower and hoop earring look at the moment but with a big afro and big hoops with charms dangling from them i was shopping around the east village recently and a sweet old man shouted "billie holiday" at me from his balcony made me feel so beautiful!!!

Thanks Lala! :D I love this picture of her. It's stunning! Go on with your beautiful self. I know you looked great! As for my pathetic twistouts....they just don't look right. I'll take a pic and you will be able to see what I'm talking about. I think I'll do this on the weekend so my classmates won't see :lol:As for cornrows, I think I can do this on other people but when it comes to doing my own, I'm all thumbs :roll:
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
    msjoker i have troublw with cornrows and flat twists too i have the technique down but i'm really slow and loose patience... i'll be happy to see your twistout pictures and i'm trying to downsize my pics so i can finally have an avatar and album... i do find that at my hair length ( 6 inches ) braidouts come out better than twistouts
    violently happy
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    flat twists and comb coils