I need a new baby...

RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I went shopping for a friend's babyshower yesterday. I haven't been inside a Babies R Us in several years and they have all new cool babystuff since the last time I had a baby. My 2 younger kids were with me and they seemed HUGE to me in that store where everyone had babies and toddlers and bellies.

Then, I dropped my son off at a sleepover party, and the mom has a new baby and she let me hold her. I smelled her...probably a big mistake.

It was all too much for me...holding a new baby and a trip to the baby store all in one day. I've got a serious babylust going on today. I'm gonna have to go get a puppy or something...

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Come over to my house and play with my 1-year-old, and I'll go take a nap. Or better yet, wait a month or two and the new one will be here. :)
    ehLB.jpg
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I see a second career for you, RCW--as a doula!
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    If your boobs leaked milk, I'd have two for you
    hello.world.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I'll have one for ya any day now....

Although what I'm really looking to do is to unload a defiant 7 year old boy and a clingy 3 year old girl :wink:.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Isn't your hubby snipped? If not, I'd totally say you should have another one. And I second that you should be a doula. You can come down here for my next birth. :)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    webjockey wrote: »

I no longer leak, but I do still get that tingling letdown sensation when I hear a baby crying that special hunger cry. I haven't nursed in 6 years...you would think I wouldn't feel that anymore. Weird.
    Bailey422 wrote: »
    Isn't your hubby snipped? If not, I'd totally say you should have another one. And I second that you should be a doula. You can come down here for my next birth. :)

Yeah, he's snipped...probably a good thing, because I'd have had several more by now. I'm such a sucker for the baby trick.

At one point I did seriously consider apprenticing with a homebirth midwife, but I kinda got scared about the going-to-jail thing. Homebirth midwives are too vulnerable to the law, and I'm probably not brave enough to take on that risk. Becoming a doula is probably a good idea though. Hmmmm....
    Although what I'm really looking to do is to unload a defiant 7 year old boy and a clingy 3 year old girl :wink:.

I love 7 and 3. I'll trade you 1 teenager and 1 young adult for them. I'll throw in some food as an added incentive.
    funny, because I'm not digging the whole "I can't control my bodily functions let me blow chunks on mommy and have explosive poo phase". I look forward to having teenagers and young adults.
    hello.world.
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    I'm gonna have to go get a puppy or something...

What happened to chickens?
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
    sunday wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to go get a puppy or something...

What happened to chickens?

Chickens are on hold for a month or two, while I find the right coop. I don't think chickens are very affectionate though...certainly nothing like a baby or a puppy...and aren't likely to satisfy my babylust.

I'll get over the babylust shortly...I always do.
    I look forward to having teenagers and young adults.

It's not all it's cracked up to be...they're worse than toddlers in a lot of ways.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Ooh become a doula ;)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

It's not all it's cracked up to be...they're worse than toddlers in a lot of ways.

I'll choose not to take your word for it.
    hello.world.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users

I love 7 and 3. I'll trade you 1 teenager and 1 young adult for them. I'll throw in some food as an added incentive.

Hmmm.... they seems to be getting worse as they get older, so I'm not sure about that. I usually love 7 and 3, but not this week. I do hope my new baby is like my old babies, though. They were low maintenance, as newborns go anyway.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have never in my life had babylust. I still don't really like babies all that much. I loved MINE, of course, but I'm not the person wanting to hold all the new babies and coo over how good they smell. In my memory, babyhood is about equal to hell. I remember it as endless crying (mine and hers) and physical exhaustion. No thank you.

So how about you have the baby and then pass it to me when it gets toddler-ish?
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    you can rent my child.

im terrified to see her when shes a teenager. TERRIFIED. my common law MIL is coming for a visit in a few weeks and im kind of nervous. the last time she saw majerle she was a sweet big headed infant, now shes a sweet big headed tasmanian devil.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte

I'll choose not to take your word for it.
    :lol:
    wj...keep us posted when the toddler phase gets here..
    Tito's offer will always stand...

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Lex turned one the beginning of the month and has been walking to my knowledge since 11 months, eating solids, starting to express himself verbally and such. We're into the toddler phase.

Well, I guess he's not a "baby" anymore. So I can only offer RCW one child instead of two.
    hello.world.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Lex turned one the beginning of the month and has been walking to my knowledge since 11 months, eating solids, starting to express himself verbally and such. We're into the toddler phase.

Well, I guess he's not a "baby" anymore. So I can only offer RCW one child instead of two.

good point. i have a toddler now too. but shes very compact and baby sized if youre still interested in renting rcw...
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    (note to self - why am I reading the P&P board? Must not drink the water...)

I think you need a kitten. Much less work than a puppy, and if you raise a kitten from when it's very young (whatever the "proper" age to adopt is) it may be very affectionate. Last night my one-year-old little kitty slept on my chest with his head in the crook of my arm like a baby. And they purr. ;)

Are there any birth centers in PA? There's a really neat one in Madison that several friends have used. It's very home-like and holistically focused and sounds like something that would be right up your alley!
    I already have a cat, and I'm sick of cleaning litterboxes, so after this cat goes, I'm done with cats.

There is a birth center fairly close by, but it's run by CNM's and I would have to go to graduate school to get a CNM...not sure I want to invest all that time and money...and the CNM's who run the center are under the thumb of the OB industry anyway. They're governed pretty heavily and the client criteria are so restrictive, that hardly anyone even qualifies to birth there.

I told my husband last night that I wanted a new baby...he very nicely said he would try and try and try to get me pregnant...clever boy, he knows he's sterile since the vasectomy. LOL, I let him try...

I need to build a dog run and doggy door and then I'll probably get a new puppy.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :lol:
    yes, I bet he did...

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I no longer leak, but I do still get that tingling letdown sensation when I hear a baby crying that special hunger cry. I haven't nursed in 6 years...you would think I wouldn't feel that anymore. Weird.

My youngest will be 11 on Sunday and I still get that sensation with certain newborns. It happened with both my nieces and my nephew.
    Tonight during our softball game, as I'm playing catcher I could hear a wee baby squalling from the next field, which was on the other side of outfield. I had to chuckle at myself still having the mom ears.
    CGNYC wrote: »
    I'm not the person wanting to hold all the new babies and coo over how good they smell.

I don't like to hold other people's babies, either. I'm not sure why. It could be a combination of knowing if I hold a newborn I'll want one and can't have one. Plus when holding that newborn that feeling you get when the baby is yours and there's that mysterious connection and I find it sad when I hold someone's baby there isn't that connection and I'll want it so badly.

This weekend I was remembering that tiny baby belly just above the diaper where you blow raspberries, and missing blowing raspberries on my babies' bellies. So I plicked my 14 yr old's ears today.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
    [quote=cynaminbear;587292I don't like to hold other people's babies, either. I'm not sure why. It could be a combination of knowing if I hold a newborn I'll want one and can't have one. Plus when holding that newborn that feeling you get when the baby is yours and there's that mysterious connection and I find it sad when I hold someone's baby there isn't that connection and I'll want it so badly.

[/quote]

YES! That's it exactly. I don't really like holding other people's babies either, for the same reasons. You can't hold them in the same way you would hold your own.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't like to hold other people's babies, either. I'm not sure why. It could be a combination of knowing if I hold a newborn I'll want one and can't have one. Plus when holding that newborn that feeling you get when the baby is yours and there's that mysterious connection and I find it sad when I hold someone's baby there isn't that connection and I'll want it so badly.

YES! That's it exactly. I don't really like holding other people's babies either, for the same reasons. You can't hold them in the same way you would hold your own.
    My husband, on the other hand, is a baby-whisperer. He loves to hold babies and many times puts the baby to sleep, thus ensuring he can hold it even longer.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file