For the Love of God...

twirliegirliex3twirliegirliex3 Registered Users Posts: 70
I hate it how there can be smart teens who convince adults on this board or in real life that we have things to say that are important, then on or two teens come along who say "like" "like totally every five seconds, like ya know?" It just bugs me because it makes all of us sound kind of stupid and ignorant. Don't get me wrong, I say like too, but I mean there is a boundary. Ok, just had to say it, you can go on with your lives now. :)

Comments

• JournalistJournalist Registered Users Posts: 366
    I like totally like know what you're saying! Seriously though, it is frustrating when people don't even bother to try to spell things correctly, or even attempt to use punctuation that works with the sentence (assuming it is a complete sentence). I feel your frustration!
    3a/b
    Protein sensitive
    med/low porosity/med texture
    Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
    Suave Ocean Breeze
    HE TT Gel
    CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
    Fotki
    I have more pictures up! :)
    Seattle for the Summer
  • ElithiaElithia Registered Users Posts: 297
    *giggles at above post*

Did you do that on purpose?

Anyway, twirliegirlie, I know exactly what you mean! Drives me BANANAS!
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!
  • Curly939RedheadCurly939Redhead Registered Users Posts: 14
    Yeah, I hate when people use short forms (example: u instead of y-o-u). Seriously people you can't just add two more letters? Not that hard!
    extremely thick red hair. Top is 3B bottom is 3C. Random straight pieces at the back... don't know how they got there

*Learning to accept her wild hair* :compress:
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    I completely agree. There's a reason I post all my questions on the General Curly Hair Discussion board and rarely come to this section.

I also cannot stand the whole capitalizing every other word or just random words thing. I will never understand that.
  • JodenyseJodenyse Registered Users Posts: 138
    HeY r U guys TAlKiN 'BouT me:laughing5:
    seriously are you?:dontknow::wink:
    www.Freerice.com
    Play a game while feeding the hungry 20 grains at a time:nike:
    ``````````````````````````
    Can someone please tell me how to change my Username?!??
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    I'll freely admit to overuse of the word "like". But it's a Jersey thing, and I can't help it. Even if I sound like a valley girl, though, there's no way anyone thinks I'm an idiot because of it, mainly because I'm studying science in college.

But I cannot stand the 'net speak. Unless you're a hunt-and-peck typist, it's just as fast to type "you" instead of "u".
  • FrizzBucketFrizzBucket Registered Users Posts: 62
    Writing Like This Takes Longer Then Writing like this, why would you waste time purposefully putting in mistakes? It makes you Read Each Word Like It's A Separate Sentence.

I can't talk about the like thing though, I say it all the time....
    3a/3b In the Uk.

Currently Tresemme Conditioner
    Boots pink curl cream
    Wella shockwaves gel
    :nike:

Embrace the Frizz!!
  • JournalistJournalist Registered Users Posts: 366
    I think the like issue isn't just use of the word, our frustrations are when people waaaay overly-use the word. So far on this board, I haven't found anybody's posts to be that bad. The most frustrating aspect for me is when these otherwise intelligent teenagers just blow off spelling and punctuation when they're online and give the rest of us a bad impression. They're worth so much more than that!
    3a/b
    Protein sensitive
    med/low porosity/med texture
    Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
    Suave Ocean Breeze
    HE TT Gel
    CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
    Fotki
    I have more pictures up! :)
    Seattle for the Summer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file