CurlTalk

Facials?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
Why do people get facials? What is their purpose?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Posts: 569Registered Users
    Well, I've never had one, but this is a great article on facials at theknot.com. It doesn't matter if you're getting married or not, it's a good article. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theknot.com%2Fch_article.html%3FObject%3DAI980914195646%26amp%3B_ref%3Dsearch" class="Popup

I think that they are mainly supposed to give your skin exactly what it needs by someone who can do it better than you. It's kind of a really nice treat for the face. (Like a hot oil treatment/ deep conditioner to the hair.) HTH!
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FQuirkyYogini%2F" class="Popup

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have been getting facials for years. It is my splurge/treat to myself -- similar, IMO, to when people choose to get a massage, manicure, pedicure, etc.

It's very relaxing, and I prefer to have a trained professional take care of extractions instead of me (since I tend to do it badly). Additionally, facial massage and the other treatments done during my facial are things that I don't do myself and make the facial definitely worth the time/fee.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!