How to get myself to sleep through the night

webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
miracles of miracles! Lex is more or less sleeping through the night. I think he would totally sleep if it wasn't for me tossing and turning all the time. I don't remember how to sleep through the night anymore. We're still cosleeping. I should be able to get a king size bed soon so that we at least have more room.

Any tips (other than alcohol/pot/acme-style hammer on the head)?
hello.world.

Comments

• marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    are you taking cal/mag webbie? I know for me it made a tremendous difference in the quality of sleep when I take it before bed when I wasn't pregnant. Now that I'm pregnant I can't go to sleep at night with the restless legs unless I remember to take it so it's been even more important.

I think the dosage should be around 1200mg of calcium and 400 mg of magnesium.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A valerian capsule helps me sleep sounder and more restfully whenever I'm having trouble. It's supposed to be safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding also.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Chamomile is also relaxing. It probably won't be enough in itself, but it might help in conjunction with the above tips.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    are you taking cal/mag webbie? I know for me it made a tremendous difference in the quality of sleep when I take it before bed when I wasn't pregnant. Now that I'm pregnant I can't go to sleep at night with the restless legs unless I remember to take it so it's been even more important.

I think the dosage should be around 1200mg of calcium and 400 mg of magnesium.

That's a good idea. with my teeth issues lately, I should be taking them anyway.

He slept 12 hours for the first time last night (2 feedings)!

Time to get a real bed.
    hello.world.
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    oh and forgot to mention that you'll definitely want to take it close before bed but not with any supplement or multivitamin that has iron in it (since it will hinder the absorption). So I usually do the multivitamin in the AM.

Good for Lex on getting rest.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I second the extra calcium/magnesium. The books I read all said 1500 mg calcium, but I can't remember how much mg. When I was pg I had to double up on the calcium, taking the doses am and pm. Even then, there were some nights when only dtd would get me to sleep.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file