Spinoff: commercials, kids reactions

MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
I was just reading nynaeve77's post about her daughter doing the "What is love" head bop, which is SO ADORABLE!

My child has this obsession with the Friendly's commercial with all the little children heads singing, "I wanna go to Friendly's, yeah, yeah!"

I have no idea why this is, but when she hears it, she just cannot look away from the TV. I will turn her away and she STRAINS to see it.
It came on the other day in the living room and she was in the kitchen with me, and froze, obviously listening to it.
She cracks a huge smile during the same part every time, as long as she hears it.

Comments

• curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Well, it's not really a commercial, but DS LOVES the Crazy Cow video that comes on those commercials for cell phone ring tones and videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqCBY5MqvE4
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My DS loves Dancing with the Stars! I have to turn him so he can see the TV or he will contort himself into the most uncomfortable looking positions to try to see.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Lucy loves those IO Digital Cable commercials.

Every time one comes on I'll have to rewind it like 5 times. The salsa/latin one does have a good beat, but the new one is kind of lame, but she loves them both.

Sometimes she'll just start singing 4-4-4-8.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Connor is crazy about dogs. There was this Miller Lite commercial with Dalmatians in it, and it had a Thin Lizzie song. Whenever he heard that song starting, he would run in and look at the TV so he could see the dogs.
    ehLB.jpg
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's not a commercial but since S was about 3 months old she'd stop EVERYTHING (even crying) for the Law and Order theme song. Of all things. We spent a lot of time with my parents and my mom is all L&O, all day, and every single time S would get totally silent and glaze over till theme song was done.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Jenny C wrote: »
    Lucy loves those IO Digital Cable commercials.

Every time one comes on I'll have to rewind it like 5 times. The salsa/latin one does have a good beat, but the new one is kind of lame, but she loves them both.

Sometimes she'll just start singing 4-4-4-8.

omg, Catherine sings "8-7-7 3-9-3 4-4-4-8!" I know a lot of people hate that commercial, but I get a kick out of it because of my daughter. :lol:
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    My older boy used to love the theme song to Curb Your Enthusiasm when he was a baby. If he was drifting off or just asleep his little head would bolt up and he'd have to hear it. Now it doesn't do anything for him (he's almost 6). Remember the Taco Bell commercials where people would just sort of shout, "I'M FULL!" Well, he'd see it and then shout, "MY FULL!" It was so funny! I think he was 1 1/2 - 2 yr old then.

My younger son loves loves loves the Pancake Puffs commercial. We don't have the Pancake Puffs pan, but he will tell me which pancake puffs he likes and doesn't like as the pictures come across the screen. He asks for them when he sees the commercial and every time I have to tell him I don't have the special pan. I sort of half joke about getting one for his birthday, but I know that once he actually eats a Pancake Puff he probably won't like them. It is kind of a weird obsession though.
  • misfitcurlsmisfitcurls Posts: 736Registered Users Curl Novice
    my mom said i would RUN TO THE TV every tie the thriller video would come on and just stand there and stare so intently that no one could get me to turn away!
    (i was a 2yr old i think?)
    i always thought it was weird that it didn't scare me, but it explains my love for scary movies
    HENNA HEAD
    3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
    CG since 3/08
    HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
    overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
    honey after leave-in
    satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
    USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG :))
    ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss
    http://public.fotki.com/misfitcurls/
    by: Riot Crrl!
    I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file