conditioner washing the baby?

mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
after i noticed that even something so mild as california baby wash was giving lydia a little excema around her ears, scalp and brows, i decided to conditioner wash her hair (i don't know why it hadn't occurred to me before i read a post from megan about doing it for owen).

then it occurred to me to just conditioner wash her! she doesn't get dry skin, but at the same time i don't necessarily think she needs soaping up, either.

it actually made it easier to slide my fingers in between the chub rolls to de-sludge them! (she will almost never let me lift her arms to get the sponge all the way under there, same with the neck creases - very difficult without some degree of upset on her part). ;)

i think the conditioner i used has a mild perfume, so i think i might get the california baby condish - don't wanna irritate her itty bitty ladybits!

how about you guys? anyone conditioner wash their whole baby?

m
coarse, thick 3a
modified cg

weight.png

Comments

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Curl Novice Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Nope, I only co-wash my little girl's hair and scalp, but it's an interesting idea. She gets really dry skin in the winter. I'm always looking for a good lotion for her dry patches. Maybe (if I remember!) I'll try this when it starts getting cold.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    His skin is really sensitive, like mine - really dry and eczema - so I was told to use unscented Dove soap and a glaxall based moisturizer and nothing else on his skin, but he still has issues. (I also use a little olive oil on his hair and scalp to prevent flakes.) Conditioner is a good idea, but it would have to be completely unscented.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• KaiaKaia Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use regular baby wash, but I only use it once a week or if he gets into something sticky. Other days, I just wash him with the warm water. I don't think babies get dirty enough to warrant getting them all soapy every time.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    majerle has super sensitive skin too so i use burts bee's shampoo bar and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]elucence mb conditioner[/buylink] on her hair. on top of that she has eczema so her pediatrician recommended that we use cetaphil on her body for washing and then twice a day use hyrdocortizone and then whatever moisturizing lotion (aveeno) and/or baby oil (burt's bees) that works for her.
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    I've been cowashing the boys' hair but hadn't done it with their bodies. My youngest has eczema which we treat from the inside out as I've heard it's the skin displaying some kind of sensitivity to a food or perhaps an immunological response to something else.
  • MunchyMunchy Curl Novice Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have a "basis sensitive skin bar" for baby and I also have burt's bees.
    I tend to use Johnson's, though, because she seems ok with it and I got so many bottles as gifts/samples.

Speaking of, have any of you tried Burt's Bees diaper rash cream? It caused my daughter's rash to get A LOT worse.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Munchy wrote: »
    I have a "basis sensitive skin bar" for baby and I also have burt's bees.
    I tend to use Johnson's, though, because she seems ok with it and I got so many bottles as gifts/samples.

Speaking of, have any of you tried Burt's Bees diaper rash cream? It caused my daughter's rash to get A LOT worse.

i use their diaper rash cream too. she's never had diaper rash, but the second things look slightly red down there we put it on and my the next diaper change the redness is gone. i like it. i even like the medicine-y smell.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Curl Connoisseur Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We use CA Baby body/hair wash with no trouble. Johnson's wash gave him a rash. Most nights we just bathe him with warm water and then put on some generic lavender lotion. It's more about the ritual than getting clean. We do a good cleaning with diaper changes and the warm water takes care of the rest.

Oh, and he doesn't have enough hair to really wash, but I've noticed that when we use any kind of soap on it, it gets frizzy like mine. I think we have a curly baby! Once he has hair, I will most likely co-wash.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • KaiaKaia Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dylan's hair does the same thing, and I think it's so cute. I wash it once a week and it's all puffy and flyaway-y (I know that's not a word). It reminds me of my kid pictures.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Curl Novice Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I love the idea of CA Baby stuff, but it all has almond oil in it, and I'm allergic. Just smelling the stuff one time made me break out in hives at Target. I use the Johnson's stuff with the olive oil in it. It's the only baby lotion/soap that doesn't seem to overdry Danae's skin.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Amneris wrote: »
    His skin is really sensitive, like mine - really dry and eczema - so I was told to use unscented Dove soap and a glaxall based moisturizer and nothing else on his skin, but he still has issues. (I also use a little olive oil on his hair and scalp to prevent flakes.) Conditioner is a good idea, but it would have to be completely unscented.

Our DS's have similar skin types. I've been able to move on from Glaxal Base to a cocoa butter & shea butter lotion.

For a long time, DS's bath included unscented Dove or Aveeno and Glaxal Base. I also used olive oil on his scalp to help with his cradle cap.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file