Start date June 1 2008

Please check the Grow out Forum for upcoming details

:nike::nike::nike::nike::nike::nike::nike::nike:
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• chicacanelachicacanela Posts: 184Registered Users
    i think june 1st is a good time for everyone so we have time to get our stuff together. do you have a sneak peak of the rules?
    3c/4a 100% natural:bunny:
    I :love8: Tahitian Monoi Oil.
    Current Faves: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap (hands, face and hair), Cabellina del Cabello, Eco Styler with Argan oil, Sesame seed oil
    Conditioner Only Method.
    http://public.fotki.com/peabella
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Posts: 754Registered Users
    YAY! I'm so excited. For once I have most of my products together. Ummm question... How many times are you supposed to deep condition in a month? I heard it was once a month but I think that I am wrong.
    :coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
    I found some rules on Topix.com somewhere. Here are the rules I found:

1. No Flat iron, blow dryer, or direct hair ( Rollersets are allowed)
    2. No sweets or junk food. Eat healthy that includes lean protein and vegetables/ fruits
    now here comes the hard part
    3. Deep condition hair for an hour at least every two weeks/ do a protein treatment as needed to maintain a moisture/ protein balance {I have the answer to my question now.}
    4. Cowash at least once a week
    5.Stimulate scalp with an mixture of rosemary ( or any other essential oil) and grapeseed oil( or any other carrier oil) everyday or every other day you can also stimulate scalp by exercising
    6. Take vitamins and fish oil pills ( I Use the GNC brand, vitamins from whole foods should be good also)
    7. Take MSM ( this is not a requirement however I plan on doing this)
    8. No wearing hair down, wear protective hair styles, low manipulation hair styles. Since I will not use heat, I will do braidout that I will pin up.
    9. No checking length,(I don't want us to obesessively checking length)
    10. No trimming, dusting is allowed
    11. Combing hair once a week, limited only to finger combing( not a requirement, but I will be doing this)
    12. Drinking loads of water so that the new growth can be moisturized. Also if you plan on taking MSM, it is necessary
    13. Moisturize hair everyday/ every other day

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
  • ebzonixebzonix Posts: 411Registered Users
    good set of rules
    Goals:
    CBL Stretched: Reached! July '09
    Full SL stretched: Reached, then trimmed off. Dec '09
    Even, full NL unstretched
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    FYI - don't ignore the "drink plenty of water w the MSM". Trust me.
    My Photobucket Album
    Thank u TwoMoons for taking the time to post those rules. I have a few more that I found that I will edit and add this weekend.
    My Photobucket Album
  • ebzonixebzonix Posts: 411Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »

I drink 8 glasses(in my 64oz bottle) everyday. Which is more than most do these days, so I think I'd do fine with the MSM which I'm going to be purchasing soon.
    Goals:
    CBL Stretched: Reached! July '09
    Full SL stretched: Reached, then trimmed off. Dec '09
    Even, full NL unstretched
  • mixededmixeded Posts: 381Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »

What's the deal with this?

I'm taking MSM... and not drinking enough water every day is something i'm known for... :/
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009
    I'm doing everything on the list but eating healthy (which I do half the time) and taking MSM. I will put away my junk food for 6 months. It will be hard but I can do it.

Another thing that has helped me was clipping/filing my nails. I have long nails and sometimes they chip without my knowledge and when I wash my hair a piece of my hair gets caught in the nail and sometimes ripps out.

I <3 Cats!
    Mixeded - ya gotta drink lots of water - in general. Not just for your hair, but for your skins and your organs, trust me, its crucial. As far as the MSM goes, I believe it could cause plumbing issue!
    My Photobucket Album
    ...have been posted in the Grow Out Forum. Further details to follow.:compress:
    My Photobucket Album
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    Excuse my ignorance, Ladies. What is MSM?
    So what exactly is MSM? Official MSM is Methylsulfonylmethane. Quite simply MSM is a food that comes from the ocean, is water soluble, and is not a drug, or a food additive. MSM is the 3rd largest ingredient found in the human body.

MSM is a natural form of organic sulfonyl sulfur compound that is found in the fluid of all living organisms. It is present in a variety of foods, including most fresh raw fruits and green vegetables, milk, meat, seafood, and some grains. It is also found in many common beverages such as milk, coffee and tea. It is, in essence, a pure white, odorless, essentially tasteless, water-soluble crystalline solid sulfur powder

Ummm yeah... I stole this explaination from hairbotique(Spelling?).

I <3 Cats!
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    Very thorough! Thanks for the info. :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file