Indian Powders for DC?

ebzonixebzonix Posts: 411Registered Users
So I've had Neem, Aritha and Amla powder for awhile now. I haven't Deep Conditioned in a very long time, so I was going to try out all three mixed in water and honey for a thicker consistency. I'm not sure if it's going to give me alot of moisture but it's going to definitely give me strength and shine. (so the package says)
Goals:
CBL Stretched: Reached! July '09
Full SL stretched: Reached, then trimmed off. Dec '09
Even, full NL unstretched

Comments

• linseedlinseed Posts: 5Registered Users
    where can you buy these powders?
  • chicacanelachicacanela Posts: 184Registered Users
    Just a note. you may want to sift the powders abit. i have practically every Indian powder known to man, and have made endless concoctions, and sometimes, little bits of the powder that may not have been mixed well enough(like when you mix cake batter) can be grainy and gritty, and be hard to remove from hair, and in some cases, can stress the hair shaft. so be sure to use an electric mixer if you can, and to press the mixture with a spoon to get all those lumps out.
    3c/4a 100% natural:bunny:
    I :love8: Tahitian Monoi Oil.
    Current Faves: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap (hands, face and hair), Cabellina del Cabello, Eco Styler with Argan oil, Sesame seed oil
    Conditioner Only Method.
    http://public.fotki.com/peabella
  • ebzonixebzonix Posts: 411Registered Users
    Just a note. you may want to sift the powders abit. i have practically every Indian powder known to man, and have made endless concoctions, and sometimes, little bits of the powder that may not have been mixed well enough(like when you mix cake batter) can be grainy and gritty, and be hard to remove from hair, and in some cases, can stress the hair shaft. so be sure to use an electric mixer if you can, and to press the mixture with a spoon to get all those lumps out.

Thank you for this. I used it when I deep conditioned and I couldn't get the stuff out for anything. I'm going to buy a hand electric mixer from target today.
    Goals:
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Beware of using too much of the neem...it's the stinkiest thing I think I've ever come across. Like rotting, decaying swamp something. Just my opinion.

• ebzonixebzonix Posts: 411Registered Users
    Beware of using too much of the neem...it's the stinkiest thing I think I've ever come across. Like rotting, decaying swamp something. Just my opinion.

None of them have a flowery smell, but I usually co wash afterwards to make sure I don't have that nasty smell in my hair.
    Goals:
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ebzonix wrote: »

None of them have a flowery smell, but I usually co wash afterwards to make sure I don't have that nasty smell in my hair.

Hey, if you can handle it...more power. I have some neem oil here you can have. I made a batch of lotion with like 3 grams of that crap in and I had to chuck it all out. No matter how much fragrance I put in, I smelled like swamp. At least with a co-wash, you can wash it out!

• girlstuff2020girlstuff2020 Posts: 45Registered Users
    Has anyone had success with Fenugreek powder? I just purchased some at my local indian grocery and I am wondering how to use it most effectively.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file