Sally Hansen makeup line inspired by Carmindy

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Have you all seen this line yet from Sally Hansen? It is inspired by Carmindy from What Not To Wear. I saw it in a advertisement in one of my magazines a couple weeks ago but not in the stores. I finally came across it at CVS over the weekend. I picked up the foundation and the natural butter lip shine. I really like them both. The color match on the foundation is spot on for my fair, pale skin. It looked almost too light when I first pumped it out of the bottle but it blends in really nicely for a seamless look. I wore it all day yesterday both in the house and outside in the heat (it was about 90 yesterday) and it didn't get that overly greasy look like some of the foundations do. The lip shine is a little thicker than a gloss but not as thick as lipstick. It gives a nice coating but still very sheer. And it feels really good on my lips. So far I am impressed with both.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    I saw the lip butter advertised in a magazine, it seems like it would be a great product. Does it contain mineral oil? I notice it said natural butters, so that is what peeked my interest.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Haven't tried it. I probably won't either. Sally Hansen equals cheap junk in my mind.

I'm kinda disappointed she's coming out with her own makeup line. I much preferred it when she was freelancing and using products from all different manufacturers. She was very objective. I used to get a monthly newsletter from her website where she reviewed various new products. Now, she'll just be hawking her own line and we won't hear an honest opinion about other makeup lines.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I saw the lip butter advertised in a magazine, it seems like it would be a great product. Does it contain mineral oil? I notice it said natural butters, so that is what peeked my interest.

My bad. I didn't buy the lip butter. I bought Natural Shine Lip Gloss (in the Carmindy line of makeup). It is still thicker than most glosses though. I didn't realize that was what I bought until I pulled out to look at ingredients. It doesn't list ingredients on the tube. It might have been on the plastic shrink wrap I pulled off it yesterday though. I tried looking it up online and it is not showing on the Sally Hansen website.

I am still interested in the lip butter though.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I have heard about it, but have only seen it in online shops. It has been getting pretty good reviews so far. I am interested in the eye shadow primer.
    From what I read in a few articles about it, she is so committed to this line that it is the only make up she is using on What Not to Wear. I did see the other night she used the face primer and foundation. It looked like she used the lip butter though instead of the gloss.

On a side note, I haven't watched What Not to Wear in awhile and I caught the makeup part and I don't like how they breezed through it so quickly and then went to the reveal to Stacy and Clinton. It seemed so rushed.
  • Miss KittyMiss Kitty Posts: 91Registered Users
    Haven't tried it. I probably won't either. Sally Hansen equals cheap junk in my mind.

I'm kinda disappointed she's coming out with her own makeup line. I much preferred it when she was freelancing and using products from all different manufacturers. She was very objective. I used to get a monthly newsletter from her website where she reviewed various new products. Now, she'll just be hawking her own line and we won't hear an honest opinion about other makeup lines.

ITA! I get her newsletter as well and was really disappointed that her reviews of other makeup lines will cease to exist in favor of her own line :thumbdown:
    3A & at the bottom of my shoulder blades

CG since '04
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    From what I read in a few articles about it, she is so committed to this line that it is the only make up she is using on What Not to Wear.

Call me skeptical, but that sounds more like advertising than dedication.
    From what I read in a few articles about it, she is so committed to this line that it is the only make up she is using on What Not to Wear.

Call me skeptical, but that sounds more like advertising than dedication.

Probably is. Actually I kind of thought the same thing when I read it. But I do like the makeup. :wink:
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, for the ever-lovin'...Carmindy is hocking a line for Sally Hansen? Isn't that like an oxy-moron? I'd seen her use their spray foundation and thought...hmmm...who would have thought that she would be using Sally Hansen products?

And I'm slightly disappointed. While it's great she's developing her own line and making it affordable, why does she have to do it through Sally Hansen? I mean...seriously. What a disappointment.

• MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    The spray foundation she uses on the show (or at least used to, not sure about now) is actually ERA Face Spray On Foundation. It has great reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ERA-FACE-Spray-On-Foundation/dp/B000MKMXJ4

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Yeah, I think I'm done watching that show. They did product placement before in the makeup section--some of the products have easily recognizable packaging, even though it wasn't overt. And I understand featuring the stores that they go to, since I assume that the stores give them the clothes. But this is my breaking point.

WNTW PRODUCERS, QUAKE BEFORE MY INTERNET RAGE!!!!!!!!!
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    MizKerri wrote: »
    The spray foundation she uses on the show (or at least used to, not sure about now) is actually ERA Face Spray On Foundation. It has great reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ERA-FACE-Spray-On-Foundation/dp/B000MKMXJ4

Whoops, my bad. Apologies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file