swim diapers?

mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
i'm so excited because i just found out that one of the moms from my mamatoto group used to be a mommy and me swim instructor, and another has a pool we can use, so we're going to start getting together to swim with the babes!

i'm looking into non-disposable swim diapers. gabby's has infant sizes, and they have both adjustable and elastic pull up kind.

i'm looking at the adjustables, but i'm not sure whether to get the small or - it's for 6-14 lbs, and i'm sure she'll size out of it soon if it's true to size, but they are only $15 so it might be worth it ... or maybe get both small and medium to save shipping? hard to decide because i don't know if i'll like them or not, or how they run size wise.

does anyone have experience with these or any other to recommend?

thanks in advance!!!

m
coarse, thick 3a
modified cg

weight.png

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i use disposables so i dont have any advice about that issue, but as far as sizing goes i would just get the smalls if they are true to size. my little girl is 11 months old and is 18 lbs.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just ordered an Imse Vimse one, so I can report back on the sizing when it comes next week.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    bailey, did you get your imse vimse swim diaper?

i went ahead and ordered an iplay one, because i found a good deal. i hope it fits her, as it's a pull on rather than an adjustable.

we'll see, i guess!

i'm excited for the next warm day so we can check out this swimming stuff ... i wonder if she will dig it. she loves the tub well enough!
    :)

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yup, I ordered the Large, which is 20-26 pounds. D. is only 19 pounds now, but I wanted it to last through the summer. It seems to fit ok now, although we haven't used it in the water yet. We'll be going to the pool this weekend, so I'll see how we like it in action.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I am using the Bummis cloth swim diapers - they come in S, M, L and XL with quite a few pounds in the size range. I ordered L which I think is 22-30 lbs - he's just over 22 now so it should last the summer and hopefully our winter vacation. Great diapers, and really cute. In a pinch, a pocket diaper without the inserts could work too.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I've been using an iplay hand-me-down from my nephew and really like it. I like the fact that it's a pull-on and it fits Solomon really well.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I just used the swim diapers at Target. My sons used the kind that looked like shorts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file