Editing Thread Title problems

GinGin2GinGin2 Posts: 26Registered Users
Hi, for some reason, I'm not able to edit the title of the thread, although I'm able to edit the contents. I am not sure what I need to do, thanks.
3AB/2A/fine/medium. Recently had hair cut to more layered, tapered, and so far so good. Light brown hair, reddish highlights.

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I think it's uneditable after a certain amount of time. I'll check into it.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Make sure you're in the "advanced" page!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    oddly enough, some posters have the ability to edit a title no matter how much time has lasped while others (such as myself) have a time limit. i haven't quite figured out the time limit yet...i am thinking about 2 or 5 hours after posting, but could be up to 24 hours. :tongue6:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    How strange! I'll add it to the list!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    OK, it's definitely a bug, but not one we can fix right now, alas.

Smart Guy provides this info:
    For the "edit title" bug have them go to the page that list the threads and double click on the thread. They'll receive a box where they can edit the title. They can also edit the title on the advance edit page.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen wrote: »
    OK, it's definitely a bug, but not one we can fix right now, alas.

Smart Guy provides this info:
    For the "edit title" bug have them go to the page that list the threads and double click on the thread. They'll receive a box where they can edit the title. They can also edit the title on the advance edit page.

The quote is what I have been saying all along. The inside of the thread title will change, but not the title that shows on the list of threads...well, at least for some posters. Some posters edited titles will show on the list of threads no matter what, while others have a time limit for the edited title to show on the list of threads.

Thanks for looking into it.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Glad I found this because I thought I was losing my mind. I'd go in and update the title (in swap) and then I'd go back later and it wasn't changed. It never did get updated which is a pain when one is trying to swap stuff and keep it updated.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I can now edit titles that are days old! I just edited my "View First Unread Button" thread that I started on June 21.

Thanks!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I had been trying to edit my swap title to no avail (in both the regular and advanced settings).
    Just tried it again for the umpteenth time and it finally worked. So hopefully whatever the problem was has been rectified.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file