I had to try this out as soon as I learned the recipe:

- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons (Tbs) milk
- 3 Tbs oil
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 4 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs chocolate powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder

In a 300ml mug, mix all ingredients. Microwave for 3 minutes (might be 2 depending on your microwave).

Enjoy!

Comments

• Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    oh that's pretty cool! did you make that one in the pic?
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • criscatcriscat Registered Users Posts: 355
    Not that one.
    But I made some and they turned out just like that.
    I did one with orange juice instead of milk, and no choco, it turned very good for a 3min cake ;)
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Registered Users Posts: 1,889
    I tried this, substituting soy milk for milk, Splenda baking blend for the sugar, and vanilla extract for the chocolate powder, but it fell and turned out dense and rubbery. I think my baking powder is years old, and that's probably what happened. Otherwise, it actually tasted pretty good! I'll try it again whenever I get new baking powder. Thanks!
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • criscatcriscat Registered Users Posts: 355
    Honeycurls wrote: »
    I tried this, substituting soy milk for milk, Splenda baking blend for the sugar, and vanilla extract for the chocolate powder, but it fell and turned out dense and rubbery. I think my baking powder is years old, and that's probably what happened. Otherwise, it actually tasted pretty good! I'll try it again whenever I get new baking powder. Thanks!

You are welcome.

Your cake probably has to much flour in it.The tablespoons are not supposed to be full.
    I think it's pretty awesome lil cakey for that times you have the desire for something sweet in 3 minutes :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Thank you for the recipe, Criscat :)

I triedit with and without the cocoa and both satisfied my cakey craving and my SO's as well.
    criscat wrote: »

You are welcome.

Your cake probably has to much flour in it.The tablespoons are not supposed to be full.
    I think it's pretty awesome lil cakey for that times you have the desire for something sweet in 3 minutes :)
    That does make sense, as I wasn't very careful when measuring out the flour. So, you don't think baking powder loses its effectiveness over time? I thought I read that somewhere once upon a time. I'll try it again soon. How do you think it would work with just an egg white? Is the yolk important to the baking process?

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    omg, I just tried this recipe (eggs were on sale, $0.88 baby!). My roommate says it makes the room smell like pancakes.

I loves it! Yum! Mine came out a lil' lopsided; I have no clue as to how/why that happened, though.
  • eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Connoisseur
    I made it too and it was pretty good. I used less sugar and the baker's chocolate was too much. Next time I'll cut down on the baker's chocolate so it doesn't have a bitter after taste.

Also didn't have mugs big enough so made it in bowls. Sooooooooooo yummy! and only 3 minutes! :blob7:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Registered Users Posts: 1,340
    criscat wrote: »

You are welcome.

That does make sense, as I wasn't very careful when measuring out the flour. So, you don't think baking powder loses its effectiveness over time? I thought I read that somewhere once upon a time. I'll try it again soon. How do you think it would work with just an egg white? Is the yolk important to the baking process?

Baking powder will stop working after about 6 months to a year if it is not air tight sealed. I learned that when I tried to make my first Thanksgiving meal all by myself last year. I was making a pumpkin cake instead of pie and my baking powder wasn't any good. The cake didn't rise much and it was very dense (vs. being fluffy).
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    gotta try this!!
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Registered Users Posts: 2,983
    I screwed this up. It came out off to one side, dry, and tasted awful. I felt like I was eating a really badly made pancake. Only I can mess up the simplest of dishes.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
    CurlyEyes wrote: »
    I screwed this up. It came out off to one side, dry, and tasted awful. I felt like I was eating a really badly made pancake. Only I can mess up the simplest of dishes.
    Uh, scroll up and see my first post...you're not the only one! That's what mine was like!

• anonnymouseanonnymouse Registered Users Posts: 1,340 Curl Connoisseur
    OMG this looks awesome! Will definately have to give it a try!
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • texascurlytexascurly Registered Users Posts: 1,967 Curl Connoisseur
    Mmmm, that sounds great. I will definately be trying this sometime soon.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    I really like this idea, thanks!

I'm making three with dollar store giant mugs & afterwards hubby can use them for his coffee addiction at work!
  • susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    Do we need to grease the inside of the mug?
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

susancnw wrote: »
    Do we need to grease the inside of the mug?
    No

• SingingSongsSingingSongs Registered Users Posts: 42
    I tried it but it came out gewy and spongy....:sad5:.....
    black bouncy 3a/b curls... And thats all I got to say...
  • Zoe_AndreaZoe_Andrea Registered Users Posts: 78
    Somebody Please tell me that I calculated wrong...

1 egg = 70 calories
    4 Tbs. milk (2%) = 60mil. = 31 calories
    3 Tbs. oil = 360 calories (EVOO)
    4 Tbs. Sweetener = 0 calories
    4 Tbs. Flour = 294 cal
    1 Tsp baking powder = 5 calories

Total For One Mug Cake = 789 Calories

Surely one little cake can't have almost 800 calories!
    Tell me I counted wrong!
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    You probably aren't going to enjoy baked (even micro fake baked) goods with EVOO, but the calories in canola are the same. And I think 4 T flour is more like 55 calories.
  • Zoe_AndreaZoe_Andrea Registered Users Posts: 78
    lol i know not to bake with EVOO, i was just using it as an example! :)
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    Whew! I was thinking there must be some funky cake at your house.
  • Kathy450Kathy450 Registered Users Posts: 25
    Wow! This is so cute - and perfect for those sunday evening choco cravings (when all the shops are shut)!!
  • LAwomanLAwoman Registered Users Posts: 2,949 Curl Neophyte
    Nope, it would be more like:

1 egg = 70 calories
    4 Tbs. milk (2%) = 60mil. = 31 calories
    3 Tbs. oil = 360 calories (EVOO)
    4 Tbs. Sweetener = 0 calories
    4 Tbs. Flour = 1/4 cup = 100 calories
    1 Tsp baking powder = 5 calories

Total For One Mug Cake = 566 calories.

And approximately 47 grams of fat!
  • AllerianAllerian Registered Users Posts: 72
    I wonder.... could you subsitute apple sauce, pumpkin puree etc... for some of the oil like you can in other baked goods? That would significantly cut down on calories. It would be delicious without the chocolate, add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice/cinnamon and a topping of whipped cream.
    I'll really have to try this recipie!
    2C/3Amiii
    My Hair Pics
    Currently Using:
    CV Bars: Chocolate Almond
    ACV Rinses every few days
    KCCC, KCKT, LOOB and TW
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,523
    I added 1TBS sugar and 1TBS chocolate and it came out much, much better. Of course, it's not the healthiest but it's CAKE!
    <insert signature line here>
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Registered Users Posts: 1,340 Curl Connoisseur
    I just made it and I used only 1 tablespoon oil, used 2 tablespoons brown sugar instead of 2 of the tablespoons of white sugar, and cut back to 3 tablespoons flour. And I added butterscotch chips. I cooked it for only 90 seconds (my microwave is 1300 watts). Came out very good! A little dry on top and a lot of the butterscotch chips sank to near the bottom, but still yummy!
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I tried making this last night and... well, it wasn't bad, and it was edible, but not good. I think my problem was mostly that I inadvertently bought jumbo eggs last time I was at the store instead of large eggs, and it was way way too eggy. Also I think if I'd had chocolate powder it'd have been better.

I'm totally going to try again.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file