Love'n Life after the BC

True BeautyTrue Beauty Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi Ladies,

I just bc'd last night! First I cheered, then I went in shock! Honestly, I know it will take some time getting use to it. But I don't regret my decision. It was the first step to discovering my true beauty. And I am really love'n life after getting that relaxed hair off my head and seeing my curlies!

I have a few questions that I find myself facing that I didn't really think about before. Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

1. How do I make my curls pop?!

2. What can I use on a daily basis to make my hair soft and shiny?

3. What can I wear on my head at night? The satin scarf flattened my curls. How about a Jerry curl cap? (clearly I don't know)

4. Lastly, where can I get these products?

MANY, MANY THANKS!!!

Comments

• KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats on the BC! It takes some getting used to, though I still haven't really gotten used to mine yet and it has been almost 2 weeks.

I will just answer the last 2 questions since I am still trying to figure out the first 2 myself :)

3. Why dont' you try a satin pillowcase or a bonnet? both do not squish my curls as much.

4. You can get a lot of products online, at Sally's, and walmart or any drug store.

I hope someone else can help you with the first 2 questions :)
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It was the first step to discovering my true beauty.
    that is such a lovely statement. Congratulations.

Curls a poppin? Conditoner your hair a lot and use a leave-in conditioner. Deep treat. Wait for your hair to get used to its new state. Texture tends to adjust and change after a BC.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • True BeautyTrue Beauty Posts: 4Registered Users
    Suburbanbushbabe,
    Thank you for your reply. I've heard a liquid leave in conditioner is better than creme based. Do you agree? And which leave in do you recommend?

And you said condition my hair alot. I condition it once a week, that's it. Should it be more?

Kitathena,
    I will try a satin bonnet. It has to be better than a satin scarf. Thanks for your quick reply.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file