Jojoba Jelly Help???

akilamoniqueakilamonique Posts: 302Registered Users
I make my own jojoba jelly, but when I make it it comes out to be a lotion instead of a jelly. I don't mind a lotion, but I would prefer a jelly. This is how I make it:
Oh, by the way, I don't measure anything:laughing7:

Jojoba Oil
Aloe
Guar Gum

I add guar gum because it is too runny without it but then I have to whip it so it doesn't clump, which makes a lotion.
Any suggestions?
ACV Rinse 2-3 times a week
Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
Curly Kinks: Satin Root, Coil Jam
Castor oil on scalp

Comments

• HoneycombHoneycomb Posts: 400Registered Users
    Gypsycurl/Lovemylocks recipe calls for 4oz. aloe vera gel, 1oz. jojoba oil, 1 oz. glycerin. If the recipe is runny because of the type of aloe vera you use, you will then have to add some xantham gum to it to thicken it up.

I had been using FOTE gel and my jelly has a nice hold to it. I have some Lily of the Desert gel and it's more runny, since I bought so much of it (I ordered a gallon on line), I'll now have to buy some xantham gum to thicken it up, because now it's runny and I don't like that at all. HTH
    Natural since Oct. 2002. BC for the 3rd time in July 2008. 5-7" of natural 4a hair.

My pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=4tcfcwu.136flti6&Uy=w74a9e&Ux=0
  • akilamoniqueakilamonique Posts: 302Registered Users
    Honeycomb wrote: »
    Gypsycurl/Lovemylocks recipe calls for 4oz. aloe vera gel, 1oz. jojoba oil, 1 oz. glycerin. If the recipe is runny because of the type of aloe vera you use, you will then have to add some xantham gum to it to thicken it up.

I had been using FOTE gel and my jelly has a nice hold to it. I have some Lily of the Desert gel and it's more runny, since I bought so much of it (I ordered a gallon on line), I'll now have to buy some xantham gum to thicken it up, because now it's runny and I don't like that at all. HTH

My aloe is pretty runny. Does xantham gum clump up when you add it? Guar really clumps up if you aren't careful with it. Maybe I should try xantham instead of guar.
    ACV Rinse 2-3 times a week
    Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    Curly Kinks: Satin Root, Coil Jam
    Castor oil on scalp
  • HoneycombHoneycomb Posts: 400Registered Users
    Honeycomb wrote: »

My aloe is pretty runny. Does xantham gum clump up when you add it? Guar really clumps up if you aren't careful with it. Maybe I should try xantham instead of guar.

It shouldn't clump if you use the correct amount. If you "measure":wink:, and use the correct amount of aloe, glycerin, and jojoba, I believe you may need only 1/4 tsp of the xantham gum. You have to let it rest, and if that's not enough add a little more to get the consistency you want.
    Natural since Oct. 2002. BC for the 3rd time in July 2008. 5-7" of natural 4a hair.

My pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=4tcfcwu.136flti6&Uy=w74a9e&Ux=0
  • msamuelsmsamuels Posts: 113Registered Users
    Did your lotion version at least work for you hair as a moisturizer?
    Michelle. 4a/4b,3c
    "I am more than the limits of my body...because Christ is my soul. The soul outlives the body and certainly is more powerful and impactful."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file