ive decided a dramatic change

curly_starscurly_stars Posts: 306Registered Users
im 13 and i decided i want to transition back to my natural hair. im going to cut my hair this summer. right now im trying to figure out what texture i have like 3a or 4a. see my hair is in braids and i have some new growth but i cant determain what type i have since my hair has 2 textures.

Comments

• midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your probably won't be able to determine your hair type accurately until you do the BC.

In the meantime, don't dwell on what texture your hair may or may not be because you may come out being real disappointed. Just think about what products you're going to try first when you're natural!
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • curly_starscurly_stars Posts: 306Registered Users
    i dont really care about the texture i just want my natural hair back. i really just dont know how to properly care for my natural hair when i get it.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curly_me2 wrote: »
    i dont really care about the texture i just want my natural hair back. i really just dont know how to properly care for my natural hair when i get it.
    Don't worry, you will learn what you need when you need it. You are really luck to have made this decision at a young age.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • mixededmixeded Posts: 381Registered Users
    Don't worry, you will learn what you need when you need it. You are really luck to have made this decision at a young age.

Definitely! I wish I had made the decision to transition while I was still in school and not out in the real world where I have to look at least somewhat presentable during the change.
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009
  • Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
    Oh good luck i think that I'll also do my BC in the summer!Feel free to ask anything we're here to help you :smile:
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
    mixeded wrote: »

Definitely! I wish I had made the decision to transition while I was still in school and not out in the real world where I have to look at least somewhat presentable during the change.

yeah i understand what your saying, i have an older sister who transitioned and she is in her 20's so it is a little harder as far as presenting yourself
    Oh good luck i think that I'll also do my BC in the summer!Feel free to ask anything we're here to help you :smile:

awe thanks and i cant wait to do my BC im so excited to get to know my hair!
  • Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users

awe thanks and i cant wait to do my BC im so excited to get to know my hair!
    You're welcome :toothy7:
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    I applaud your decision at such a young age. When I was your age, I wanted to look like my straight-haired friends.

I, too, am planning the big chop (probably in July). My last relaxer was in Nov 2008.

I don't know what your budget looks like, but you may want to try some curl-enhancing products. After I shampoo, I use a leave-in conditioner. While it's still wet, I twist my hair with my fingers.

I doesn't work so well on relaxed hair, but it should work for you after you cut it.

Please let us know what works for you and how it turns out. And include some pix!

You inspire me!!! :hello2:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file