Weight Loss Buddy Needed!

SarahERSarahER Registered Users Posts: 6
I saw in a previous thread that people are pairing off into fitness buddies and I'm looking for one myself. During this summer I had been eating healthy and exercising 3-5 times a week. I'm a sophomore in college, so when I came back to school I tried to keep up the routine. I did pretty well with the exercise, and not as well with the eating.

About a month ago I tore the ligaments in my ankle (while jogging) and haven't been able to exercise since. Of course, when that happened my healthy eating went downhill as well. I am almost fully recovered and looking forward to starting over again with exercise and getting back on track with my weight loss.

I was hoping I could get a buddy, or possibly even start a support group for others who also want to lose weight. I know it will be a lot easier for me, and I will stop cheating on the "dieting", if I have someone to answer to other than myself. If anyone is interesting please let me know!
*It is important to live not only exist.*

golden brown 3B...recently cut relatively short to eliminate split ends but now growing it out long

Comments

• shirleycurlsshirleycurls Registered Users Posts: 9
    Hey SarahER!
    I'm also a college sophmore looking for a buddy. I definitely need some incentive when it comes to fitness. Last year I gained about 20 pounds, but I wasn't really exercizing much. So far this year I've been going to ballet class three times a week, hour and a half. But it's not as hard core as i've been used to.
    Drop me a line!
    CG as of 12/12/09
    2c / 3a / 3b, fine, i/ii
    The canopy is much less curly than the underside, and the front is much more curly than the back.

Cleaning: Deva Curl NoPoo & occasional LoPoo, KCKT cowash
    Rinse-out conditioner: DevaCurl OneC, CJ BC Argan/Olive Oil, CJ CA Smoothing Cond. *Currently looking for moisturizing rinse-out con dish recs
    LI condish: KCKT
    Deep treatment: CJ Curl Fix = most amazing ever
    Styling: Deva AnGel + Set It Free; KCKT + KCCC
  • SarahERSarahER Registered Users Posts: 6
    Hey ShirleyCurls,
    I need all the help and motivation I can get! I kind of had the opposite of the freshman 15 problem... I gained all my weight in high school. My freshman year of college I was determined to lose at least 20 pounds and only lost 18. I'm pretty sure I've gained some of it back, but I really really want to be skinny like I was before high school by Christmas! I doubt that's possible but I'm going to an aerobics class 3 times a week at the gym now and trying my hardest to eat healthy. I do well during the week, but on the weekends its kinda hard to eat well when I'm out with my friends! So please help me stay motivated!

golden brown 3B...recently cut relatively short to eliminate split ends but now growing it out long
  • hestercurlshestercurls Registered Users Posts: 31
    Hey guys. I'm a college student too. I'm a senior. I have been quite skinnyy all through college because I was engaged to a guy who never let me eat. Once I broke it off with him I was eating regularly, not a lot, just regularly and I gained 20 pounds. I worked out this summer and ate well, but I can't lose a single pound. Now I have no desire to exercise, because I feel like over the summer it did nothing for me. I have all the inspiration I need though http://homepage.mac.com/mglunz/Menu14.html that's my best friend from high school- she's gorgeous! She has the body of a model. I need to get back into working out. She said she works out a lot, runs, crunches and does weights for her legs and butt.
    i can't believe your boyfriend wouldn't let you eat!! that's insane. good thing you let him go!

So gals, how do we want to work this? daily logs? routine plans?
    let me know what you think
    CG as of 12/12/09
    2c / 3a / 3b, fine, i/ii
    The canopy is much less curly than the underside, and the front is much more curly than the back.

Rinse-out conditioner: DevaCurl OneC, CJ BC Argan/Olive Oil, CJ CA Smoothing Cond. *Currently looking for moisturizing rinse-out con dish recs
    Whoa, he wouldn't let you eat? That's crazy! Maybe it ruined your metabolism. I heard that when you stop eating your metabolism slows down a lot so that when you start eating again your body just stores all the fat in case you stop again.

I'm not sure how we should do this. Any ideas? I am serious need of inspiration and motivation to stick to it!

Ok, so I had these pictures taken at a convention i went to april of my senior year, so almost two years ago and i looked pretty good. the other day one of my roomates showed me a picture that she took about a month ago, and i was like 'aaaahhh!' (very scary) you can definitely see the difference in the two pictures.
    so i'm going back to that same convention this year and i'm determined to look good!

my exercise routine at the moment is:
    1.5 hours of ballet class three times a week

i know i need to add some cardio and i want to add some pilates, maybe those at home dvds? any suggestions on cardio cause running isn't good for my knees (previous cheerleading and dance injuries)
    CG as of 12/12/09
    2c / 3a / 3b, fine, i/ii

My current exercise routine is 1 hour of aerobics class 3 times a week. Its actually a combination of cardio and weights because we spend the last 15 minutes doing work with free weights and crunches and stuff. I was going to try to go to another aerobics class too so I would be going 5 days a week, but yesterday was my first day of doing the classes two days in a row and I can barely walk today because my muscles are so sore. So I think I'm going to stick with 3 times a week.

I have some pilates DVD's and a lot of them aren't actually a cardio work out. Its more stretching and stuff which does build a lot of muscle. If you can find a cardio pilates DVD that would work. I got one called "Pilates Weight-Loss Workout for Dummies." Its only a half hour work out and it gets the job done.

What are we going to do about the eating? My biggest problem isn't exercise, its what I eat. I have a hard time staying motivated enough to say no to cake or ice cream when its offered to me. I keep track of what i eat in a food diary, but sometimes it just doesn't help.

ok....here's today's total

For Exercise:
    1 hr. ballet class
    1 hr. DVD Pilates

For Food:
    Breakfast- Dry Kashi cereal, Choc. soy milk
    Lunch- Wrap w/ mozz. cheese and tomato, 1/2 cup pinapple, 1/2 pt. milk, raw veggies, bottle of water
    Snack- PBandJ w/ wheat bread, handful of raw green beans and baby carrots and 16 oz. water, lemon hard candy thing
    Dinner- Cooked summer squash, pasta/veggie thing, small salad w/ veggies and garbanzo beans, bowl of cornflakes w/2% milk, class of milk
    Coffee w/ half and half and sugar

Honestly, I was so proud of myself today! normally i have absolutely no self-control. but they had these amazing cream puffs in the dining hall today and i walked right past them. and i went to a meeting with free pizza. normally i would eat it just because it's free. but i kept telling myself i wasn't hungry and i didn't.

Oh, a tip for you! I heard somewhere and started doing this. I don't eat after 7:00 at night, cause i tend to get the munchies at night. It's a little hard at first, but i guess it takes some getting used to!

Hope everything's going well for you!
    CG as of 12/12/09
    2c / 3a / 3b, fine, i/ii

Ok here's my total for today:

Exercise: 1 hour cardio aerobics workout w/ weights at the gym

Breakfast - Light 'n Fit Cherry Vanilla Yogurt, Diet Green Tea
    Lunch - 1/2 of a wheat sub roll with 2 peices American cheese, 4 slices of turkey, lettuce, pickles, and 20 oz. of water
    Snack - Chewy Granola Bar
    Dinner - Chicken Parmesan with noodles, 1 Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, 16 oz. water

I also think I did pretty good. It was really hard though because I recieved a package from my parents today full of Halloween candy. I figure if I limit myself to one peice a day it can't hurt me, right? I can't restrict EVERYTHING or else I'll go insane.

I usually try not to eat after 8 because sometimes I don't have time to fit dinner in until 7. Its just the weekends that I tend to eat a lot later.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file