Strange split ends ??

Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
I've been seeing some split ends in between the hair strands, sometimes on the demarcation line or on the natural hair side what do should i do i don't use a lot of heat (since my blow dryer blasted about 5 months ago.LoL this really helped me stay way from heat) i just went to the salon about 2 times to straighten my hair (but definetly i didn't like the method they used to straighten it).And here am i now the only thing i do is bunning .What can i do about the split ends at least i'm glad that once i do the bc most of them will be gone but till that time comes is there anything i can do?
All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    The split ends in the middle of the hair is probably caused by the stress on the natural hair from the combination relaxed ends and the heat styling.

You might want to try a protein treatment to seal them followed by a deep moisture treatment.

A lot of women on here like Nexxus Emergencee. It's medium/high on the scale of protein treatments and it's easy to do. The only protein treatment that worked for me when my hair was splitting and breaking was the 2 step Aphogee treatment. That one is probably the strongest and you have to do a very deep moisturizing conditioner afterwards because it makes your hair hard as a rock. Oh, and it smells horrible(like minty vomit blech!) but it works!

Hope that helps. :)
  • Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
    Thanks for the answer !Too bad i can't find any of 'em on the stores .
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Really? I've seen the Nexxus products in CVS and Rite Aid - regular pharmacies. But the Aphogee you have to get at a beauty supply store.

If you still can't find them, then maybe you could go back to your salon and tell them the problem so they could give you a treatment? I hope it gets better soon. ((hugs))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file