Cleavage question

Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I feel kind of embarrassed asking this question, but I've never had this problem before (being barely an A cup in the past), so here goes...

In the last few months, I've had trouble with breaking out on my chest. I finally realized yesterday it's because being pregnant my breasts gotten bigger and since I have to sleep on my side, they are pushed together all night.

During the winter, I was skipping showering some mornings to keep from drying out my skin, but I think now that I'm showering every morning, it's helping a little.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• jojobjojob Posts: 127Registered Users
    I tend to treat my upper chest (lets say ;-) ) a lot like I treat my face. What kind of body lotion are you using? It might be to heavy - I find that is a heavy lotion makes me break out between my breast and up the center of my chest to my neck.
    http://public.fotki.com/jojo2454/hair/
    http://public.fotki.com/jojo2454/hair-diary/
    PW: redcurl

Shameless self-promotion: I make artisan silver jewelry - check out my website :)
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    jojob wrote: »
    I tend to treat my upper chest (lets say ;-) ) a lot like I treat my face. What kind of body lotion are you using? It might be to heavy - I find that is a heavy lotion makes me break out between my breast and up the center of my chest to my neck.

I'm actually not using any lotion right there. Maybe I should start washing that area at night too.
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    maybe getting a cami or tank that would cup the breast, thereby providing a barrier that would prevent acne forming. I'm quite ample, but am a stomach sleeper for the most part, so I never really had acne issues.

I also treat the cleavage area like I do my face, same products. That's a new development, though. When I realized I was starting to develop age markings from tanning (medical people, not just vanity) in that area. Treating it like I do my face, those have started to reverse.

• frizzy pooffrizzy poof Posts: 21Registered Users
    I agree with the others on this, don't forget to treat your chest . I break out here sometimes too, mostly I'm just oily here. I use my acne face cleanser on my chest and it keeps it under control. If you use toner or astringent on your face you could put some on your chest too. Try using the same cleanser there that you use on your face, you might not need anything else.

That is one thing that the beauty "experts" tell you that I happen to agree with:Treat your chest as an extension of your face. I guess that the skin is more like that on the face and neck than the skin on the rest of your body. We also tend to expose it to the same things as the face: sun, your hair and what ever is in it, cosmetics, the like.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You might also try baby powder, to absorb sweat or oil during the night.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hardly do anything to my chest...no soap, just water to wash, rarely moisturizer. I do put some of my facial skin actives on my chest, but the chest skin seems to get easily irritated, so I only apply Retin-A there maybe once every week or two. I only wear a bra once, then it gets washed.
    I hardly do anything to my chest...no soap, just water to wash, rarely moisturizer. I do put some of my facial skin actives on my chest, but the chest skin seems to get easily irritated, so I only apply Retin-A there maybe once every week or two. I only wear a bra once, then it gets washed.

Whoa. Do you have a lot of bras? I use them forever! I hate washing mine because they're padded or have a form or whatever you want to call it. When I wash them, they tend to get more and more deformed. Yup, hand washing or washing in a delicates bag in the machine, then forming it and letting it air dry. Still starts to get deforms. Cursed development.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Whoa. Do you have a lot of bras? I use them forever! I hate washing mine because they're padded or have a form or whatever you want to call it. When I wash them, they tend to get more and more deformed. Yup, hand washing or washing in a delicates bag in the machine, then forming it and letting it air dry. Still starts to get deforms. Cursed development.

I have maybe 10 bras in rotation at any given time. I wear them once and put them all together in a single load (on delicate cycle, cold water in washing machine) about once a week. I don't use a laundry bag, but I do make sure all the hooks are fastened. I hang to dry. They come out fine. They are mostly "form" bras (I call them "standy uppy" bras, because they can stand up by themselves ;)). Bras will last longer if you allow the elastic to rest and recover for a few days between wearings, and will last even longer if they get washed and rested after being stressed (worn). I'm a 38 DDD, so my bras get very stressed.

For folks over 36C, Lane Bryant has the greatest quality bras. They really hold their shape through washing. Great sales there too, and all the colors of the rainbow in all sizes, not just the usual white/black/beige for the larger sizes found in most stores.

I have maybe 10 bras in rotation at any given time. I wear them once and put them all together in a single load (on delicate cycle, cold water in washing machine) about once a week. I don't use a laundry bag, but I do make sure all the hooks are fastened. I hang to dry. They come out fine. They are mostly "form" bras (I call them "standy uppy" bras, because they can stand up by themselves ;)). Bras will last longer if you allow the elastic to rest and recover for a few days between wearings, and will last even longer if they get washed and rested after being stressed (worn). I'm a 38 DDD, so my bras get very stressed.

For folks over 36C, Lane Bryant has the greatest quality bras. They really hold their shape through washing. Great sales there too, and all the colors of the rainbow in all sizes, not just the usual white/black/beige for the larger sizes found in most stores.

So does Torrid. Expensive but so worth it. I have one that can be used strapless (heaven forbid), but I think I could actually use it without straps and the girls would stay in the same spot! Almost all the support comes from the band. Imagine, it only took me 28 years to find that out. Well, and to get the right size...40DDD/40E depending on manufacturer, etc.

And the Torrid ones make the girls stand proud and tall. I've never freaking had that happen before. I mainly wore just the cotton ones from Lane Bryant. They're great, but I have the wrong sizes so it never fit right. I'll have to remember about giving the bra elastic time to recoup. They've got a tough job on their hands, after all!

• mlzimmemlzimme Posts: 29Registered Users
    Yeah honey, you're talking with a size D girl here. I would recommend making sure that your sheets are nice and clean too. They absorb all of your body oil and filth during the night and you also absorb all that goodness back the next time you lay down. Also, my girls like to get a little bit of sun (with in decency mind you) if your upper chest is a little broken out don't let it get burned but don't be afraid to wear a tank top for a brief stroll. Pregnancy does weird things with hormones and the body. You may look into Differen cream if this problem is getting serious. You'll go to the doctor for it. It's effective and isn't harsh on the skin like other achne fighting creams.
    Um, can't remember if I said this before and I'm too lazy to read down. Maybe try mixing a little (and I mean little) amount of tea tree oil in with your body wash? It has antiseptic properties and they say it's really good for facial acne. Don't see why that would change for chest acne.

And with washing the sheets...because they absorb gunk and oil, try washing them with either Dawn liquid mixed in or a squirt of shampoo (if you're trying to get rid of some) to get rid of oils regular detergents have a hard time completely getting rid of.

• VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

So does Torrid. Expensive but so worth it. I have one that can be used strapless (heaven forbid), but I think I could actually use it without straps and the girls would stay in the same spot! Almost all the support comes from the band. Imagine, it only took me 28 years to find that out. Well, and to get the right size...40DDD/40E depending on manufacturer, etc.

And the Torrid ones make the girls stand proud and tall. I've never freaking had that happen before. I mainly wore just the cotton ones from Lane Bryant. They're great, but I have the wrong sizes so it never fit right. I'll have to remember about giving the bra elastic time to recoup. They've got a tough job on their hands, after all!

Me and my 32C's are feeling a bit inferior! :iconbiggrin:
    Hey Sunshine, do you just add a short squirt of dawn to the washer with your regular detergent? sounds interesting...
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    VTmom wrote: »
    Me and my 32C's are feeling a bit inferior! :iconbiggrin:
    Hey Sunshine, do you just add a short squirt of dawn to the washer with your regular detergent? sounds interesting...

Yup. Usually three turns around the washer added along with my regular detergent. I have a nasty habit of touching my lips when I have vaseline on, then wipe them on my pants waistband (So nobody sees it, theoretically) so I have grease stains that regular detergent just doesn't get out. So I add some Dawn in there and it gets rid of it pronto. I have the same problem with my pillowcases because of vaseline put on my poor chapped lips and upper-lip, so it just goes in every load now!

And trust me...I would so rather be a 32C. Try jogging with these puppies...just not happening. Or even laying flat on your back. Mine about strangle me. You're so much better of where you are...

• VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the tip - I think I'll give it a try. I guess you're right about the girls. I've never had a real desire to be big busted, just a little larger than I am, but honestly, it's probably one of the last things I'd change about myself. They're just sooo many more things about me that could use improving!! :angel9:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file