spring cleaning of my makeup

cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
I need to throw all of it out due to rashes on my eyelids. I figured this was a good idea and some of my makeup is old. So...can anyone rec. a good brand of drugstore mineral makeup/foundation and a good brand of eyeshadows. I'm basically starting all over. TIA
cjc
3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
Palm Beach County, Fl

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    if you need to switch to mineral brands, i think most of the drugstore ones contain the bismuth that causes problems for people.

the specialty mineral companies make eye shadows that might be gentler for you, too.

which brands of eye shadow do you use now?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    I'm not really loyal to one brand...if I like a shade, I buy it. I wear browns and greens. I'm a redhead.
    Also, I have bare escentuals mineral makeup...is there an expiration date for mineral makeup? I've had it for over a year and not sure if I should throw it out.
    cjc
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    not drugstore, but i've heard Sally's has a good priced mineral foundation.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd go with mineral samples. Most web-based mineral make-up companies sell sample sizes quite cheaply, and, since it takes so little to color an eyelid, the samples last for a LONG LONG time, and if you don't like a color, you're only out a buck or two.

Some good ones to try:

meowcosmetics.com
    barefacedminerals.com
    geografxcosmetics.com
    aromaleigh.com

Just hunt around in their colors for a while...you'll love them.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Also, I have bare escentuals mineral makeup...is there an expiration date for mineral makeup? I've had it for over a year and not sure if I should throw it out.

No, it lasts forever.

One further precaution you could take with your mineral makeup to prevent contamination is to always transfer foundation and eye colors onto a pallette before applying. I use small cereal-size porcelain bowls for foundation and blush, and several "teabag" dishes for eyeshadows. This enables me to get a better "swirl" with the brushes than I can get by using the jar lids, and I don't waste any product, and also keeps my makeup area cleaner.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    Thanks for your replys:)
    cjc
    Palm Beach County, Fl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file