CurlTalk

Hand/Body Lotion Recommendations?

MaudieMaudie Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Any hand and body lotion recommendations? Preferably drugstore. Thanks!
Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15

Comments

• pigreyhoundpigreyhound Posts: 764Registered Users
    I just started using the Dove ProAge body moisturizer and I really like it. My skin is dry, especially in the winter months and this worked very well. The dry, bumpy skin on my upper arms is gone!
    Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
    CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
    Co-wash: TJ Nourish
    Protein: CJ Repair Me
    Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
    Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    I like cetaphil moisturizing cream for my body and vaseline intensive care for my hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Palmer's cocoa butter
    2b/3a.
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Dove's Cream Oil Intensive Care for extra dry skin and Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion or cream. I've recently fallen in love with these! You can find them both at Wal-mart. HTH!
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    I buy Hemp lotion at Walmart. It's something like $5 a bottle and smells divine. They have I think 3 or 4 scents and moisturizes like crazy. I like that it doesn't have petroleum or mineral oil in it, so it actually absorbs into the skin and protects instead of just sitting on top of the skin.

I also like the Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion.

Another I love is Udderly Smooth (sp?). Not to be confused with Bag Balm. This is a lotion and though it doesn't have the best scent, it works really well.

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »

Oooohhh...do you use this everywhere or just on your hands? Sounds yummy. Does is smell like Cocoa/Shea Butter or just Lavender (my favorite, BTW)?

I use the Lavender Shea Butter all over my hands, at night only. The lavender, which I think is strong, & that I love, sends me off to sleep with a smile.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,366Registered Users
    I'll need to get that too. I adore lavender. Love to spray it on the sheets at night. DH doesn't care for it though so I can only do that on the nights when he falls asleep on the sofa (and if he is snoring, I'm NOT gonna wake him up).

But bless him, he buys me lavender lotion and body and bath stuff.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    A nurse I know just recommended Aveeno with the dark blue top, or Eucerin.
    Oh & by the way, the 100% cocoa butter stick smells like chocolate! :sleepy3:
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users
    I have been using Keri lotion (original formula) since I was 14 for a skin condition. I've been using it for so long it's become second nature to apply after my shower. I've never tried anything else that works as well for my particular condition. Some folks might not like it though as it's very thick.

A close second for effectiveness is Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion. I use this on my hands and feet every night and it really stays on!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    I really like the Olay Body Quench and I love the subtle little sparklies it has in it.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I keep going back to Curel, no matter how many other things I try.
    Minneapolis, MN

Leave a Comment