Loosening Curls with PhytoRelaxer

SmthingNew29SmthingNew29 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey ya'll,

This is my first post to NaturallyCurly.com :toothy7:I used to lurk on the boards a few years ago, so I figured it's time I start participating. :)

I've had natural 4a/b hair for probably 6-7 years now. I haven't put any chemicals in it during that time (relaxers or color) but now I'm interested in trying something different. If it doesn't work out I can always cut my hair, right?:laughing7:

I'm going to texturize my hair tomorrow night with a PhytoRelaxer (index 1) and I'm wondering if any other 4a or 4bs have experience with it. I don't know how long I should leave it on if I just want my hair slightly looser but not straight.

I'd love to be able to wear my hair as a fro, but just have the fro be slightly looser than it is now.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• ninadefninadef Registered Users Posts: 243
    You should really to a strand test first.
    I currently use Index 1 and am texulaxed because my stylist left it on too long (10 minutes).
    Now I just say that it burns (no, it really doesn't) as soon as she has applied it.
    I have 3a to 3c/4a.
    Maybe you should do it in sections, I've never tried it but I'm sure that there are instructions floating around here somewhere!

Good luck!
  • aricurlaricurl Registered Users Posts: 304
    Hey ya'll,

This is my first post to NaturallyCurly.com :toothy7:I used to lurk on the boards a few years ago, so I figured it's time I start participating. :)

I've had natural 4a/b hair for probably 6-7 years now. I haven't put any chemicals in it during that time (relaxers or color) but now I'm interested in trying something different. If it doesn't work out I can always cut my hair, right?:laughing7:

I'm going to texturize my hair tomorrow night with a PhytoRelaxer (index 1) and I'm wondering if any other 4a or 4bs have experience with it. I don't know how long I should leave it on if I just want my hair slightly looser but not straight.

I'd love to be able to wear my hair as a fro, but just have the fro be slightly looser than it is now.

Thanks guys!

How did your hair turn out? Any regrets? Did the stylist recognize the different textures on your head and make adjustments? Did it just stretch your current texture or move you into the 3s?
    http://public.fotki.com/aricurl/
    PW: twelve

My Routine.
    Weekly Cleansers: Co-Wash - Suave Coconut or Yes to Cucumbers and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. Giovanni 50-50 poo on scalp only.
    Moisturizers: Mix of Giovanni Direct with AO Honey Suckle; KCKT; Jamaican Castor Oil, water.
    Sealers: My whipped raw shea butter/oil blend.
    Scalp Oil: Jojoba, Rosemary, Horsetail, Burdock Root, Aloe Vera Gel
    Hairstyle: Protective.

Henndigo occasionally.
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Banned Users Posts: 232
    I've used the index 2 type to get my hair pretty straight. It works, and it really is a great product, its expensive but if you do a little math you can figure out how much to use, I used it per quarter of the bottle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file