Connecticut?

tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
I have extremely curly hair, 3b or 3c. I need a haircut and don't know where to go. Any recommendations by others with my curly type would be helpful.

I'm in the Central CT area. I have traveled as far as New Haven but something closer would be nice. Within the confines of Manchester to West Hartford.

Also something within a reasonable price range would be nice. $50 or less. Anything more is beyond what I can afford at the moment.
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• james25james25 Registered Users Posts: 47
    Hi there!

In case you didn't already find somewhere, you should check out Jo Bruno on Whitney Ave in New Haven. I live in Meriden and it's about a 25-30 min. drive for me but totally worth it. She's awesome!! :)
    3B, fine, porous
  • tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
    Thanks for the rec. I've been there a couple times. But it's over an hour drive for me and I'm not sure if the cut was worth that much travel.

event.png
  • jiroshirojiroshiro Registered Users Posts: 5
    james25 wrote: »
    Hi there!

In case you didn't already find somewhere, you should check out Jo Bruno on Whitney Ave in New Haven. I live in Meriden and it's about a 25-30 min. drive for me but totally worth it. She's awesome!! :)

I heard some nice things about Jo Bruno but is she terribly expensive? Poor, college students need haircuts too...
    3a/b on a good day. Big problems with dry-and-frizzy yet oily. On the never-ending quest to manage her mane.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Registered Users Posts: 5,219
    I was looking into getting an appointment there. Post a review! I'm dying to get a cut by someone that actually knows curly/wavy hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• james25james25 Registered Users Posts: 47
    Hi guys!

She's not cheap, but she's definitely no more expensive than any other place (think $40-$50; there are two different stylists, Jo and Jesse, who are BOTH awesome, but Jo costs a few dollars more.) I am a college student too (I'm 22 and in art school - I definitely hit the "poor" mark a few years back) so I know how it is - she's worth it :) They do everything the deva-way and have the full line of products, though when I go I usually just have her cut my hair and I wash at home to save all the time drying takes.
    My favorite thing is the salon itself - soooo adorable!! It's small and the atmosphere is very mellow and friendly - this is great news for me since I hate big, loud, fast-paced salons.
    You guys should totally check her out! Everyone there is so sweet and really listens and they don't try to push products on you at all...overall they're just awesome.
    Let me know if you have any more Qs - good luck to both of you!
    3B, fine, porous
  • tgreyztgreyz Registered Users Posts: 1,627
    Jo is $50 + tip
    Jesse is $40 + tip

They are both very friendly. I did find the receptionist to be sort of rude though. They follow the devachan method, cutting dry, etc... They don't push the products on you like another Deva salon I went to in New Haven. And it is a small, cute salon.

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file